Homemade Noodles

Homemade Noodles

Nothing like homemade noodles, and they are so easy.

• 6 whole eggs beaten or 12 yolks beaten
  • 3 tsp. salt
  • Ad
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 6 cups flour
Small Batch
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 cup flour

Directions:

Mix the egg, salt and milk well. Add flour, dough will be sticky and somewhat stiff. Pour out on well floured surface and knead to make smooth.

Roll out to 1/8 inch thick let dry for 2 hours or more if you need the time. Cut into 5x8 inch shapes, size is approximate. Stack the shapes and slice 1/4 inch slices across the 5 inch side.

Scatter them out on the floured surface to dry. If you make more than you are using that day, they freeze wonderfully. You can dry them out completely but they will be somewhat brittle. You will want to lay them out straight and flat instead of scattering them if you dry them completely. Still freeze them to be safe.

You can make your noodles as wide or thin as you wish.

Source: My mother's tried but true recipe.

By Ann/latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Answers:

Homemade Noodles

I give you big Kudos for the effort necessary to make homemade noodles! If I had enough kitchen counter space or a dining room table I certainly would give this recipe a try but will pass along to others who I know do have the space and will make this :-) (01/13/2010)

By Deeli

Homemade Noodles
Making Homemade Noodles
Spaghetti Salad
Spaghetti Salad Recipes
Upclose photo of egg noodles.
Homemade Egg Noodles Recipes
Pool Noodles
Uses for Pool Noodles
Chicken and Noodles
Chicken and Noodles Recipes
🎉
🎄