How Communicable is Parvo?

I took my 8 year old dog to the the groomer. After picking him up, I was talking to the groomer and found out that her dog had about 4 months ago been sick with parvo. It was treated and is better now.

She had bleached the whole house and yard. I was not sure my dog, which was my mom's before she died, was up to date on shots. I called the vet and it had not had shots in two years.

So now I am concerned that he may get it parvo. How susceptible is he to parvo since he is not up to date on his shots?

By PersianTaz from NE

Answers:

How Communicable is Parvo?

I got a puppy whose parvo showed up a few days after we got him home. The vet said that no dog who has not finished and maintained their vaccinations should come on the property for at least a year. (08/22/2009)

By Recovering Spendthrift

How Communicable is Parvo?

Get him his shots like yesterday. (08/23/2009)

By lindal

How Communicable is Parvo?

I would think if she bleached everything, it should be okay. As a groomer she's probably had hundreds of dogs through her house in the last four months. I'd think she would have had feedback if any of the others had come down with Parvo. I would imagine that your dog would be fine. (08/23/2009)

By Noella

How Communicable is Parvo?

Parvo generally only affects puppies less than a year old. Your dog's parvo shot would have been when it was around 4-6 months old. And Parvo will live in the ground around a house, but it cannot be transmitted from your vet's dog to your dog without them being present together. She can't bring the disease to your dog on her. (08/27/2009)

By Lizard.cfd1

How Communicable is Parvo?
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Sick Puppy
ParvoBusters Remedies for Parvo
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo
🎉
🎄