How Do I Get My Hair Color Back to Its Natural Color?

I am African American woman who has colored her hair using dark and lovely hair color from honey blonde to fiery red. What can I do to turn it black again?

By TeeTee from Baltimore, MD

You didn't mention how long ago that you colored your hair fiery red.

Wait one week in between chemical treatments, so as to give your hair a rest. Buy yourself a hair coloring kit, then after one week, color it back to your natural color. If you don't want to color your hair a second time, you could always wait until your natural color grows out. It's always a good idea to use a conditioner in your hair, since chemical treatments can be very drying to the hair.

Licensed Cosmetologist (11/13/2010)

Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
A girl with blonde hair.
Getting Hair Color Back to Natural After Dyeing