Abundant Hearts Valentine's Day Card
Multiple heart motifs and elements make this lovely card sure to please your Valentine. This is a guide about how to make an abundant hearts Valentine's Day card.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This Valentine's Day, make a card to tell your Cupid just how much you love him. Covered with an abundance of hearts, your loved one will definitely not be able to miss your declaration of love.
Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes, including drying time
Yield: one card
- 8.2 x 6 in white-and-pink-striped cardstock
- 5.6 x 3.7 in pink sugar paper
- A6 sized fuchsia cardstock
- pearl heart pony beads
- 10mm wide dark pink washi tape
- 10 in of 1" wide pink lace
- self-adhesive 3D foam squares
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Pentel extra fine black marker
- Docrafts clear 3D gloss pen
- 2.1 in high heart-shaped cookie cutter
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- standard scissors
- Use the cookie cutter and pencil to trace a heart onto the fuchsia cardstock, and cut the heart out.
- Glue pony beads to the fuchsia heart and allow to dry.
- Cover the fuchsia-and-beads heart with the clear 3D gloss. Gently pop any air bubbles that might appear with a pin and allow to dry for three hours before continuing.
- Score the white-and-pink-striped cardstock to create a card sized 6" x 4.1".
- Use the silver pen to draw different sized abstract hearts on the sugar paper. Then, use the black pen to add squiggles to the sugar paper. With the fold at the top, centre and glue the sugar paper to the front of the card.
- Add a strip of washi tape to the left and right sides of the card, and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue a strip of lace to the left and right sides of the card, slightly overlapping the washi tape, and cut off any protruding edges.
- Add self-adhesive 3D foam squares to the back of the fuchsia-and-beads heart and add it to the front of the card.
In This Guide