How to Wash a Cashmere Sweater
Cashmere sweaters are lovely, soft, elegant, and often dry clean only clothing items. This is a guide about how to wash a cashmere sweater.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
For years I dry-cleaned my wool and cashmere sweaters, paying $3.50 each time. I saw a TV segment that convinced me to try it at home. Not only is it cheaper, but there are no chemicals in your sweater, and it comes out so much softer. This will work for merino, cashmere, and all fine sweaters.
Total Time: 10 minutes, plus drying time
Source: Internet and TV show segment
- baby shampoo
- air drying rack
- Soak sweater in lukewarm water with a few drops of baby shampoo.
- Swish the sweater around-do not rub!
- Rinse the sweater until the water runs clear.
- Pat out as much water as possible. Do not wring the sweater.
- Place the sweater on a big bath towel.
- Roll the towel up.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Pat out as much water as possible.
- Place the sweater on a flat surface where air can get all around it. Gently shape it. I put it on the top of my air-drying rack.
- Enjoy your clean, soft sweater!
January 16, 20171 found this helpful
This is a traditional method that I remember. However, my sister gave cashmere sweaters this holiday. So your tip is helped me remember how to... Thank you.
March 13, 20170 found this helpful
For a recently widowed senior, this advice is just what I needed. I'm not "helpless," but appreciate a good idea for saving things I enjoy.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 26, 2017 at 11:12:40 PM on 10.0.0.253 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us