Ice Maker Water Is Overflowing

I have a Kenmore refrigerator, mod #57282791 with an ice maker model #S10626636. The ice maker is letting too much water into it and it overflows making one big blob of ice. I know there is a water level adjustment on the front of the ice machiine, but don't know exactly where. Can you tell me which little doodad it is? I'm well beyond the point of utter frustration.

Owen from Bountiful, UT

Answers:

Ice Maker Water Is Overflowing

Try calling your local appliance repairman perhaps he or she can give you an idea of what's going on. (03/28/2008)

By luvmygingerkids

Ice Maker Water Is Overflowing

I worked in a Sears repair center for over 10 years
and remember the technician would give us answers
to many different questions. This was one of them.
I could not remember exactly which way to turn the
adjustment screw, but found the information below and
it seemed to sound familiar so I am passing it along
to you.

Adjust water level in ice maker

To adjust the water level, carefully remove the front cover of the ice maker itself.
On the front of the ice maker, there is a small nylon screw that controls the water intake amount.
If the screw is turned to the right, it will decrease the amount of water entering the ice maker.
If the screw is turned to the left, it will increase the amount of water entering the ice maker.
The screw should only be turned 1/4 of a turn at a time; therefore, more than one adjustment may be required.
The maximum adjustment is one full turn in either direction. Additional rotation could damage the ice maker.
I found this at:

amana.com (05/05/2008)

By carnation037

Ice Maker Water Is Overflowing
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
🎉
🎄