Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water

Category Ice Machines
A common reason your ice maker is not making ice is because water is not getting to it. This is a guide about refrigerator ice maker not getting water.

My ice maker, model 106.9738612, will not fill with water. I have replaced both ice maker and valve, but it still will not fill up with water. I used a jumper on the ice maker and the water filled up. There is good water pressure and the rest of the ice maker works.

Answers

try replacing the thing that is sapossed to hold the water you can get them at a store

try replacing the thing that holds the water

I have same problem. what thing that holds the water ? I replace the entire ice maker and valve but still no water

Kenmore ref.ice maker is not getting water I have check

I have a Kenmore refrigerator and the ice maker is not filling with water.

Answers

Try going thru the trouble shoot guide that is the book that came with it. When was the last time you changed the filters?? Once when mine did this it was because the line had frozen. After I turned it off, cleaned it all out and started it up again, it started filling with water. The time I had it off allowed for the frozen water in the tubing to thaw out.

You can submit this question to repairclinic.com and they answer for free. The manufacturer may also have a hotline to call

My Kenmore fridge has no water running into the ice maker. What's the problem?

By Jason from IL

Answers

We had the same problem with the water dispenser and it was a blockage (frozen) in the water line. The repair man said there was nothing he could do, but suggested we turn off the refrigerator for a while and see if that fixed it. We turned it off for about an hour and then took a hair dryer and let it run on the water dispenser. After a couple of tries (about ten minutes) it worked and the water came through. Might be worh a try to see if it works with your ice maker. Good Luck!

This could also be hard water that is clogging the lines if you don't have a water softener connected to your home for your water supply. Replacing tubes may be necessary.

I have Kenmore refrigerator, model #106.57453703. I have problem with the ice maker, first I saw a red led light on top of the bottom for On/Off which is blinking all the time followed by not getting any water in to try of ice maker. What is the cause of it and which part is broken?

Answers

Kenmore has a website that provides customer service-you can call the numbers below or check the Kenmore website for more information:

Contact Us

Kenmore Product Questions
1-888-KENMORE (1-888-536-6673)

Retail Customer Care
1-800-549-4505

http://www.kenm … kenmore_01142015

The water line is frozen up at the top of the freezer.

By Don K

Answers

I had this happen eons ago. I just repeatedly saturated a washcloth from the hot water tap. and held it to the line. When it cools down, back to the faucet. It is a time consuming process and involves sliding the appliance away from the wall to get your hands on the line but it does work!

My KitchenAid side-by-side refrigerator, model KSCS25I ice maker does not make ice. After changing the water filter, I dumped all of the ice. The ice maker was still functioning and produced more ice. I dumped this ice as well to assure filter residue was eliminated. The ice maker ceased to function at this point. It appears no water is filling the ice trays. A red light located on panel where the ice maker on/off switch is located is blinking. Any suggestions? Is it a faulty switch?

By Ed O. from Cypress, TX

Answers

Yes, I do believe it may be a faulty valve/switch. I am having the same problem at this moment and I just checked the lines for calcification and found the line to be clear but no water was entering the ice water line from the switch/valve area. Check here: part for a possible valve solution. http://www.part … Num=KSRB25FHSS04

Here is the video on installing the part as well :D Good luck!
http://www.part … SS04#RepairVideo

Our Kenmore with ice maker stops due to ice in the water feed pipe inside the freezer. We remove the ice, get some production then it freezes again. Is there a shut-off valve that may be faulty?

By Bob from Otis, OR

Answers

Anonymous

This sounds like a problem due to weak water pressure. If your fridge has a door water dispenser try holding a cup under it and see how fast the water comes out. If it comes out slow or not at all then pull out the fridge, turn off the water supply, unhook the water supply from the fridge and hold the tube into a bucket or large container. Turn the water supply back on and see if the water has a strong steady flow. If it does not, then it is freezing up due to weak water pressure and the problem lies further than the ice maker. Do not forget to thaw the ice maker lines once your fix the water pressure problem.

i have a 2003 Kenmore side by side fridge. I recently moved and when I connected the fridge, the water freezes in the shute to go into the ice tray. I have defrosted the line and water comes back out, but gets frozen again. Water no longer comes out of the dispenser as well. What could be the problem?

My Samsung ice maker turns, but no water is getting to the ice trays?

By Kacie

I replaced the ice maker inlet valve and filter housing. I can hear the ice maker cycling, but it does not receive water. I have checked the water pressure from the wall and it runs well.

By Nancy M

My refrigerator makes ice, but is not dispensing water or ice.

By Mathew

My ice maker is not making ice. No water is filling the ice cube tray, but the water is coming out to fill a glass of water. How do I get water to fill the ice tray maker?

By A. J. Colbert

There is no water coming into the tray for my icemaker, what do I need to do?

By RS

No water is getting to the ice maker in my Frigidaire. The ice maker is mounted inside the freezer. At first there was too much water coming in. It would just overflow. So I changed the water valve because you can blow through both ends and was told that it was bad. I put a new one on. Now I'm getting water to the valve, but not out the side to the ice maker. I tried turning the screw on the front of the machine for more or less water, but nothing worked. No water is coming in. Thanks.

By Dave C

I have tried and tested the water valve and it works. I have poured water in the icemaker and it made ice. I do not know how to take the panel off to fix the problem or if the line could be kinked where it comes in the door. The refrigerator is is one with the freezer on the bottom but has ice in the door.

By Robert