Ice Maker Water Is Overflowing?

0
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

My Kenmore refrigerator ice maker will not turn off and overflows the container. What should I do?

By Joe Oliver from Santa Rosa, CA

The icemaker water valve needs to be replaced more than likely. The valve allows water to seep through the hose at a slow rate which freezes at the inlet to the icemaker. When the icemaker calls for the water to fill water can not pass through the inlet tube and runs down the back panel of the freezer. If you have the inlet valve replaced this will solve your problem.

My Kenmore side by side refrigerator ice maker over fills with water. It does not stop filling and over flows. What is going on?

By Kevin Taylor from Keokuk

Answers:

I have a dealer installed ice maker kit inside the freezer compartment of our Whirlpool refrigerator. It has worked fine for years. We recently went on vacation. Since we came home the ice maker overflows water after dispensing the cubes into the bin, creating a block of ice with the cubes.

I read some of the other posts about the adjustment screw in the front, and think I have found it under the cover. But why would it suddenly change fill levels? Any suggestions?

By Bob from Santa Fe, NM

I have a Kenmore side by side fridge with ice maker. We moved it recently when we remodeled our kitchen. Now our ice maker is leaking every time it fills, making a giant ice blob in the ice bin.

Is there a gasket that goes bad? I read the feedback from carnation037 posted on 05/05/2008 and tried turning the screw, but nothing changed. Can anyone else tell me anything to try, please?

By grams513 from West Fargo, ND

Answers:

Ice Maker Water Is Overflowing

Every ice maker is the same regardless of your make and model of fridge. It sounds like the water flow is set too high and is overflowing the cube trays. Turn this down and it should solve your problem. It could also be (since it started after the move) that the tube that comes from the back of the fridge and fills the ice maker is not completely in place and some of the water is going directly into the bin making the glob instead of all going into the cube trays. Check out both of these and I think your problem will be solved. (12/31/2009)

By Karen Redlin

I have a Kenmore refrigerator, mod #57282791 with an ice maker model #S10626636. The ice maker is letting too much water into it and it overflows making one big blob of ice.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJuly 12, 2010
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf17189184.tip.html