Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

I am looking for suggestions for an inexpensive fathers day gift for my husband - father of my 2 children. With the increase of childcare for the summer our expendable income is pratically zero. Any ideas, no matter how "corny" would be appreciated.

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

HI! I teach Kindergarten, so maybe this idea might work for you. Buy a t-shirt, gray or white is best in your husband's size. Get paint that is suitable for shirts and paint your kids hands to put on the shirt. You could use a paint pen and write "Hands Down, Best Daddy in the world!" I did this with my class one year, the dad's loved it. The project was original and something they are proud of! Hope this helps! (06/10/2005)

By Kari

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

What are the ages of the children? Make something with what you have already. My son once took a juice can and covered it with pieces of masking tape that he tore off in 1/2 inch to 1 inch sizes. Put the pieces on at various angles. Cover the can entirely then take a piece of paper towel and wipe it in a shoe shine wax. Wipe it on the masking tape. Just enough to put on some color. It looked like pieces of wood. Turned out to be a pen holder.

You can also but plaster of paris at Home Depot. Pour into a thick paper plate and they can make hand prints. Date it, sign it, and then when dry paint it. Good Luck (06/10/2005)

By ladyfish4

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

Why not make the day the gift. Start with breakfast in bed or if he doesn't want it in bed at the table with a nice table setting. Even if the children aren't old enough to cook it they could serve it to him.

Then you could do something special that he really enjoys that doesn't cost much. Drive to a special place, etc.

A dinner of his favourite again served by the children.

Finally a soak in the bath and a massage by you when the children have gone to bed.

Inexpensive and something that he will remember as he has been pampered and made to feel special

By Anne NZ

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

If you have a CD/DVD burner installed into your computer you could scan your children's pictures over their different phases and holidays, then burn onto a DVD, like a slideshow, for a lasting and lovely keepsake.

My mother does this for all of the family. She even includes a appropriate soundtrack to play while viewing the pictures and designs the DVD cover.

Maybe Kinkos or a photo place can do this as well. (06/10/2005)

By Amber

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

I feel your pain, as I'm also in the same situation. If you have a printer, black and white or color is fine, check the internet for thing like personalized cards you can print, award certificates, coupon booklets, etc. Just be careful of the sizing, our printer would print at 100%, and it would wind up on two pages instead of one.

I did this on Mother's day and made a doorknob hanger the stated "Mom's day off" and hung it on the front door!! Everyone thought it was cute! (06/11/2005)

By Melissa

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

You didn't say whether your children were boys or girls but here is an idea: dress your children up in your husband's favorite clothes, maybe even a suit. Then take a picture of them and post the words: You are our example! (06/11/2005)

By Joyce

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

I am a stampin'up demonstrator. One item that is a hit around here is taking a half sheet of cardstock and wrap it around a bag of microwave popcorn. Add two holes on the top, put curly ribbon thru the hole towards the inside, around the popcorn, back up thru the other top hole (you can now pull it up by pulling the ribbon). Finish the ribbon by tying a bow, andadd a small happy father's day card to the front. You can also, stamp the cardstock in your favorite design. (06/11/2005)

By Carol

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

Trying making homemade stepping stones with children's handprints or get a rubbermaid container for him to carry and fill it with snacks that won't spoil or melt (06/12/2005)

By Melissa

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

Just give him love and let him know you care. It always works for me!

Either that or you can make him a nice meal where you can all sit down and eat together. (06/16/2007)

By Em

Inexpensive Father's Day Gift Ideas

The best gift I ever gave my Step-Father was his own personal photo album, a brag book if you will. With pictures of his parents and daughter and me and my mom and his grandkids. I had the photo album on hand. So, the only cost was the photo paper, that I got at the dollar store, and ink. He loved it so much he kept it in his truck to show people for weeks. (06/16/2007)

By Sasha

Gift wrapped for Father's Day.
Father's Day Gift Ideas
Beer and Snacks Bouquet
Making a Beer and Snacks Bouquet
Butterscotch Candy Beer Mug
Making a Butterscotch Candy Beer Mug
A mug made for dad on Father's Day.
Father's Day Crafts for Kids
Girl with Homemade Father's Day Card
Homemade Father's Day Cards