Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

I washed my husband's uniforms and I got green ink all over them. Then I dried them and forgot the pen was in there. So how do I get it out?

By shebes from Goodyear, AZ

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Use spray hairspray (not the pump type). Spray directly on the ink spots. The ink will bleed further (that means it is working). Rinse out with cool water. One time should work. Good luck. (08/06/2009)

By Andzie

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

The hairspray you need to use is AquaNet. My sister left a pen in her lab pocket (which was washed and dried), and my mother and I tried the hairspray method only to find out that it is something that is in the AquaNet hair spray that is not in others we tried. There may be other hairsprays, but that's the one that worked for us.

Wet the stain, apply hair spray generously, work it in with your fingers and rinse. It may have to be repeated a couple of times, and it looks like it's spreading all over the place as it dissipates, but it does work. Then wash it with a little soap to get the hair spray out. Hope it works for green ink, ours was regular ball point pen blue. (08/11/2009)

By cremrnc

Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄