Colour Smudge Bookmarks
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 239 Posts
November 10, 2021
Make beautiful patterns with ink and water and turn them into useful bookmarks. You can, of course, do this with watercolour paint but the finished product will not be so durable and vibrant. Watercolour would be a better medium for children because ink stains on carpet and clothes are permanent.
A super fun craft because you never quite know how your patterns are going to develop
- Coloured ink with a dropper in the lid
- 1 Sheet of heavy duty watercolour paper
- 1 Paintbrush
- 1 Pair of scissors
- Paint a large section of clear clean water on your paper
- Allow a single drop of coloured ink to fall onto the water and watch it spread
- Add another colour
- If you like you can help the two colours mix into a third colour using your paintbrush
- Keep adding colours until the whole watery area is filled, then start on another section
- Once the ink is fully dry you can cut your paper into wide strips. Be patient - drying can take a while
- Trim off any excess
- Round off the corners
- Another fun thing you can do is to daw a shape with water and let the ink fill the shape as you drop it on.
- Once dry you can cut around the shape
- Now decide which special people in your life might like to use them
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.