Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Blue ink stain on a white dress shirt.
Removing stains from clothing that has been through the dryer can be much more difficult than if caught when they are fresh. This is a guide about ink on clothes that have been dried.

I dried an ink pen with a load of clothes. I need to know how to get it out of cotton pants, cargo pants. Thanks for any help.

By Tareasa from Dallas, TX

This happened to me. A load of dark clothes was washed and dried with a red ink pen. I used hairspray on the clothes and had a cloth to rub the ink out. It works!

I heard that babywipes will get the ink out of clothes. They say use a baby to plot the stain and then lay it over with a bit of pressure let it set for a hour or more and the use a stain remover spray and wash. I havent got to try it yet but I do know that it worked on lock tight from when I worked at trailer factory. Good luck!

How do you get ink out of clothes once they have gone through the dryer?

By Patty from Buffalo, NV

After washing the light colored pile of laundry with no problems, I loaded them in the dryer. When the timer went on up, I opened the dryer door and nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a fine tipped black ink pen inside without a lid among the clothes. Sure enough there were black dots and stains the size of a punch hole on all the clothes.

I am very upset that all of my son's and husband's favorite shirts have these stains and cannot be used until they are removed. I checked the internet and found that these stains should be treated before drying, but this happened in the dryer, so what can be done to remove the stains? Any life savers?

By snag

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Aerosol hairspray always works for me, the cheapest one you can find! (09/18/2010)

By mistuck

How do you get the ink stains out of an entire load of laundry from an exploding pen in the dryer?

By Kelly from Macomb, MI

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Try Purell, I tried it and it works. (06/03/2010)

By gskon

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Rit dye makes a product called "White Out" it takes all kinds of stains out of clothes. Good luck:) (06/05/2010)

By yoder178

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Try WD40. (06/05/2010)

By louel53

How do you clean ink out of laundered, cotton clothing after they have been run through the dryer?

By WifeyBrown from Kent, OH

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Try spraying the heck out of it on both sides with hairspray, blotting as you go. It may take some time and patience. Good luck and I hope it works for you. It's worked for me before they've been dried in a dryer. (03/16/2010)

By keeper60

How do I remove gel ink from dried clothes?

By Norma from Baton Rouge, LA

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

There is a laundry product called Amodex, that is specifically for ink. If your grocery store doesn't have it, try a hardware store. It works best on stains that have not already been treated. (02/01/2010)

By MarilynLV

I purchased a new pair of expensive jeans; washed and dried them. Now I can't get the ink out from a pen left in my shirt pocket. Please help.

By Danny from OH

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Spill in on the rest of the clothes and start a new fashion trend. Or send them to me and I'll do it. I'm entirely serious. (11/24/2009)

By Quixotic Ducky

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Get an applique you love and put it on the pockets. If you can't clean it, cover it. (11/28/2009)

By Poor But Proud

I washed my husband's uniforms and I got green ink all over them. Then I dried them and forgot the pen was in there. So how do I get it out?

My cleaning girl washed an entire load of laundry and dried it in the dryer, missing the ink pen that broke all over the laundry.

I had washed some clothes and after they were put in the dryer and were dried, I noticed that a pen was in the dryer. Now my whites have ink stains set in.

A pen exploded in my dryer and on several articles of clothing.How do I remove it now that the clothes have dried with the ink on them?