Removing Ink Stains from Clothing

Category Stains
It can be difficult to remove ink from clothing. This guide is about removing ink stains from clothing.

Use hairspray to treat any type of ink stain (permanent marker, ink pen, etc.). Throw it in the wash machine and voila! No more stain. I have been doing this for years and it works fantastic. I bought a prom dress at 85% off because of the ink stain on it. The saleslady told me how to get it out all those many years ago and it is still the best for removing this type of stain.

By Diana Atherton from Las Vegas, NV

Spray deodorant on the stain, then rub with a cloth. It should come off. If it doesn't come off straight away, but instead only fades after you have rubbed it, then spray more deodorant on the stain. :)

Source: My brother

To get ink out of a white shirt or blouse that has already set in the dryer, try this. Place an old towel between the shirt so stain will not go through. Spray hair spray on all the ink spots. Do NOT blot spots. Wash in warm water with laundry detergent. Check again to make sure all stains are out before putting the item in the dryer

By Mythi from WA

My husband left a Bic grip roller black marker in his shirt pocket when I washed and dryed the clothes. Now I has black stains on the clothing. Some of the clothing is white and others are colored. Please help me.

Denise

Answers

Best Answer

I did the same thing when I was waiting tables in college .. isopropyl alcohol and dawn worked on most of the stains. I used to pretreat any stains and washed the shirts with just hot water by hand and kept repeating until the stains were faded or gone .. Good Luck!

Rebekah

PS .. the alcohol also removed the stains from inside the drier as well!

Best Answer

I use hairspray to get ink stains off clothing. For really stubborn stains Tide has something out called Buzz Off which gets stains to disappear. Also, there are in the supermarket laundry aisle small yellow containers (about 5" tall x 1-1/2 to 2" wide with one side slanted) of Carbona Stain Devils.

There are several formulas in different numbered plastic containers with each telling which specific stains they are to be used on. I used these successfully until I got my Tide Buzz Off at Ocean State Job Lot for $10.00 (they used to go for $40.00) The stain devils never failed to get a stain out for me. The Buzz Off even gets a lot of old stains out. Good luck. Joan in CT

By KRISTI (Guest Post)
Best Answer

WD -40 WORKS GREAT. spray on rub in real good , let set for 10 min. throw in wash. gets lpstick, fingernail polish, grease and all other tough stains out.

How do I remove ball point ink from clothing?

By Nancy

Answers

Best Answer

I had ballpoint pen on my good rain jacket and my friend told me to spray some hairspray on the mark and blot with a paper towel and it really worked!

(not sure if I sent this in yesterday or not)
Terri

Best Answer

Hairspray works. So does alcohol on a Qtip or cotton ball. Always test in a seam to be sure the color doesn't run or that it doesn't leave a ring.

I washed and dried light clothing last night. I found them this a.m. with ink stains all over clothes and inside of dryer from a ballpoint pen left in pocket of pants. I cannot get the ink stains off of clothes or dryer. I tried spraying with Zapit and rewashing, then soaking it with hydrogen peroxide. They are soaking now. I am afraid they are set due to being in dryer.

By lanie from Lake Jackson, TX

Answers

Best Answer

Try soaking it in milk over night. It used to work for me when we had fountain pens.

Load More