Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

A pen exploded in my dryer and on several articles of clothing.How do I remove it now that the clothes have dried with the ink on them?

Daniela from New York

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

Cheap hairspray is great for taking ink out of clothes. Saturate the ink stains with hair spray, let stand for a while, then treat with pretreatment stuff. (I just use my own homemade laundry soap.) Hope this helps! (09/05/2004)

By tchr4hm

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

I don't know if this will work since the clothes have already dried, but it's worth a try. Two suggestions: first try spraying hairspray (any brand) on the ink & relaundering. If this doesn't work Amway makes a wonderful stain/spot remover solution called SA8 Solutions PreWash. This gets out more stains than I ever thought imaginable - including lipstick. It comes in two formulas aerosol spray & liquid. I use the liquid because it lasts longer than the aerosol spay (a bottle lasts me almost a year). This is a petroleum based product & that makes it different than most stain removers you can by at the store. Good luck! (09/07/2004)

By Leslie

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

Try using hair spray. (09/24/2004)

By Stacey

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

There is a great stain remover called "Zout" that has removed ink on my clothes. I use it regularly on baby clothes. (09/24/2004)

By Oscar

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

Thanks to anyone that gave me the suggestion on "how to remove ink from a clothes dryer" i soaked some old rags in clorox and water and squeezed out the solution just a little and put the rags in the dryer and after two complete cycles, all the ink was gone. It was wonderful. Most of all, i had tried everything and this was the only thing that worked.

Jackie From Tennessee (05/26/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

I know the feeling about pens blowing in the dryer. I just did it. All over my work uniforms. Nice! Now I have some ideas to get the ink out Thanks All!! (06/05/2006)

By Jen