Ink on Cotton Fabric

How can I remove an ink stain from a cotton blouse (white) that has already been treated with spot remover and washed?

By Stephanie from Carbondale, CO

Answers:

Ink on Cotton Fabric

I've heard hairspray works great. (05/17/2010)

By keeper60

Ink on Cotton Fabric

Back in the 70s I used Amway L.O.C. (liquid organic concentrate) to get ink and blood out of my nurse uniforms. I think they still sell it, but you can find out for sure at amway.com, plus you you can find out if they or any of their dealers will ship overseas. One tip on use: I used it full-strength for stains, and scrubbed the spots, sometimes even vigorously rubbed my thumbnail over the spot for intensive scrubbing! Even if the scrubbing causes a slight 'worn spot' on the fabric, it's still better than not being able to wear it at all! Good luck! (05/18/2010)

By janiebean

Ink on Cotton Fabric

I had a Pilot v5 or v7 pen bleed dark blue ink into an expensive beige dry clean only jacket. I took it to my dry cleaners, who tried a couple of professional ink removers and they couldn't remove it and gave it back to me. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I tried rubbing alcohol, acetone, non-acetone nail polish remover, hairspray, and something called "Goo Gone" that says it removes ink. None of these worked.

Then, on a whim, I tried mixing some OxiClean (the white powder) into a paste and applying it with a toothbrush. The stain literally dissolved under my eyes. I was amazed. One more treatment and a gentle rinse, and the jacket looks perfect now (I've attached a picture of where there used to be a dark blue, 2 inch wide stain).

So try OxiClean! (06/15/2010)

By scintilla

RE: Ink on Cotton Fabric

Ink on Cotton Fabric
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Removing Permanent Marker from Hair
Flair Pen on Cotton Clothing
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄