Is Grape Seed Extract Toxic to Dogs?

I had been reading up on foods that a dog should never have sometime ago. I was surprised to learn that grapes and raisins are toxic to canines. Would that include the grape seed extract? It is an ingredient in Vitahound.

By Sandy B

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Sandy...I love dogs and I'm so glad you brushed up on what people foods are best NOT to give to pets. You know my own view is if a product contains anything in it that is listed as do not give to dogs, I would avoid that product. Whatever is in grapes is also in the seed. I've seen so many homemade dog treat recipes that use garlic or onions also and that's a no-no and I don't make treats using the shared recipes found over the 'net unless it's really safe for my dogs.

Pets Dogs AdviceJuly 16, 2011
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
Homemade vanilla extract in a glass bottle.
Making Vanilla Extract
Almonds
Substitution for Almond Extract
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:58:09 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.