Browsing: Jean Pocket Crafts

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Jean Pocket Crafts

Almost all the parts of a pair of jeans can be used in recycled crafts. This is a guide about jean pocket crafts.

Denim pocket attached to a notebook.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

December 31, 2007 Flag

This is a purse I made for my 7 year old daughter and her friend. I used an old pocket from my husband's old jeans. Carefully cut right along the edge of the pocket. You can use "Fray-Check" on the sides to keep it from raveling later.

Jean pocket purse photo.

May 14, 2008 Flag

A lot of fun. First, paint your heart. I painted the wood heart to match with acrylic paint. While it dries you, can cut out your pocket.

Jeans pocket purse.

December 28, 2006 Flag

This craft is easy and very versatile. Cut 1/2 inch around a blue jean pocket with a pinking shears. Attach a ribbon or shoelace to each top side of the pocket for a hanger. Fill with a pen, pad of paper and some markers. These are great for the car and hanging near the phone. Enjoy!

By Tedebear from San Jose CA

August 28, 2009 Flag

Denim pocket attached to a notebook.Create a pocket on a notebook to hold pens, pencils, notepads, etc. Kids will enjoy personalizing the pockets. A great way to recycle old jeans/pants pockets too!

Approximate Time: About 20 minutes

Instructions:

1. Cut the back pocket from a pair of old jeans or pants.
  2. Decorate the pocket as desired by gluing on appliques, foam letters, etc.
  3. Using hot glue gun, run a bead of glue along sides and bottom of pocket, leaving only the top open.
  4. Press pocket into place on notebook.
  5. Fill with supplies such as pens, pencils, erasers, notepads, etc.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

July 17, 2006 Flag

With growing boys, I have had my share of well-used blue jeans. Here are a few things I did to get one more use out of them:

I cut the pocket out (still attached to the jeans) and used a hole punch to put two holes in the top, then put yarn through the holes and hung in the kitchen for a bread tie holder. I also used it to hold recipe cards, thread, and those small objects that just seem to accumulate in the junk drawer and often poke you in the finger!

I have also attached magnets on the back with super glue and used on the fridge for a note pad and pen. I cut the legs off and duct taped the bottom together and used the bag to tote garden tools around.

By Renee from Slatedale, PA

June 17, 2008 Flag

A wreath made from old jeansTurn your old torn jeans into a wreath. Make sure to cut the pockets out, they really can add to a wreath.

By Karen from Tinley Park, IL

Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 27, 2012
Using a Daily Planner
Using a Daily Planner or Pocket Calendar
A photo of a girl making paper hearts.
Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids
Pita Bread
Recipes Using Pita Bread
Pocket Calendar
Uses for Pocket Calendars
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 12:28:01 AM on 10.0.1.51 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.