Making a Jewelry Tree

Category Jewelry
Jewelry Tree
Hang your earrings and necklaces on this handy craft made from trimmed branches. This is a guide about making a jewelry tree.

I love this project, especially this time of year when trees lose their leaves and it's time for a trim and pruning. I use the branch scraps to make jewelry holders with some added marbles and jars.

Total Time: 15 minutes

Yield: 1 jewelry tree

• tree branches
  • empty jar
  • marbles
  • wrapping paper or cloth
  • ribbon
  • tape or glue

1. Add some marbles to the bottom of your jar. Place tree branches inside. Hold branches firmly with one hand and fill up jar with the rest of the marbles.
  2. If you'd like to hide the marbles, wrap the jar with cloth or wrapping paper and tape or glue to secure. Add a ribbon if you like. Hang your jewelry!
  3. I prefer mine with the marbles exposed and a bow around the top. :)
  4. Advertisement

I have been making jewelry at home to make money. Last week, I got a call to put my stuff in a shop in two days. The only problem was I had used my necklace display stand somewhere else. I didn't have the money or time to buy another. After worrying and not sleeping, I decided to use stuff I had at home to try and make one.

I used a $3 vase on my mantel, coat hangers, twine, wire, and hot glue. In the vase I put some rock nuggets to make it heavy so it wouldn't fall over. After cutting the hangers, I used twine that I cut and unwrapped from a basket on the table in front of me, to wrap them in. Hot glue held the twine in place, then I used a small amount of wire to wrap around that. I used hot glue and more twine to hold the wires firmly in the vase. I was so proud when I took the vase in the shop and hung my jewelry from it. Triumph over adversity!

By Lyn from Taylorville, IL