Repurpose a Cylindrical Container Into a Jewelry Stand
You too can make this unique jewelry stand from a sturdy cylindrical food container. Add some decorative paper and ribbon and you have a fun piece for your dresser to help organize and display your jewelry.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Once in a while for a sweet treat, I would purchase these coffee coca batons (delicate rolled wafers filled with coffee and chocolate cream) for $1.99 from Trader Joes. You get a very sturdy cardboard/tin container after finishing the wafers. In the past, I would toss the container out because I did not know what to do with it. But then, after spotting a bracelet/jewelry stand I liked at Target for $24.99, I thought to myself, why not try making my own with household materials I had at home already and it turned out to be a success!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 jewelry stand
- 2 sheets paper
- hot glue gun, glue, or tape
- 1 pen or pencil
- 1 scissors
- 1 toilet paper roll
- 1 cylinder container
- Measure the length of your cylinder container. Measure out the length on your choice of card stock paper (or you can use a fabric) and make a mark. Cut the paper out enough to fit around the cylinder.
- Use glue and glue the paper around the container.
- For a nice feminine touch, you can put ribbons on the edges of the container. Measure around the container and cut the appropriate length - 2 pieces so you can put the ribbon on each end with glue.
- Using an empty toilet paper roll, measure out card stock paper and repeat the process as earlier. This paper roll will be the base of the jewelry stand.
- Now measure the center of the cylinder container to get a rough estimate of where to place your base.
- Squeeze the toilet paper roll a little to make it into an oval and hot glue the oval base to the center of the cylinder container. And using left over ribbon, I decorated the base trim also.
- You are now ready to put your bracelets or necklaces onto your new jewelry stand! Plus there is a secret compartment, since one side you can open and maybe hide something inside.