MiscellaneousCrafts

Repurpose Cylinder Container as Jewelry Stand

Once in a while for a sweet treat, I would purchase these coffee coca batons (delicate rolled wafers filled with coffee and chocolate cream) for $1.99 from Trader Joes. You get a very sturdy cardboard/tin container after finishing the wafers. In the past, I would toss the container out because I did not know what to do with it. But then, after spotting a bracelet/jewelry stand I liked at Target for $24.99, I thought to myself, why not try making my own with household materials I had at home already and it turned out to be a success!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 jewelry stand

1. Measure the length of your cylinder container. Measure out the length on your choice of card stock paper (or you can use a fabric) and make a mark. Cut the paper out enough to fit around the cylinder.
  2. Use glue and glue the paper around the container.
  3. For a nice feminine touch, you can put ribbons on the edges of the container. Measure around the container and cut the appropriate length - 2 pieces so you can put the ribbon on each end with glue.
  4. Ad

5. Using an empty toilet paper roll, measure out card stock paper and repeat the process as earlier. This paper roll will be the base of the jewelry stand.
  6. Now measure the center of the cylinder container to get a rough estimate of where to place your base.
  7. Ad

8. Squeeze the toilet paper roll a little to make it into an oval and hot glue the oval base to the center of the cylinder container. And using left over ribbon, I decorated the base trim also.
  9. You are now ready to put your bracelets or necklaces onto your new jewelry stand! Plus there is a secret compartment, since one side you can open and maybe hide something inside.
  10. Ad