Making a Button Brooch
You can make pretty brooches using old recycled buttons or new ones purchased for the project. This is a guide about making a button brooch
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Recycle your old buttons into a pretty pin that is easy to make for yourself or for a gift for someone special.
- 1 large button
- 5 smaller buttons
- 1 tiny button
- strong glue
- 1 brooch pin
- 1 small piece of felt
- Arrange the 5 buttons in a circle.
- Add glue.
- Place the large button on top.
- Add glue again and place the small button on top. Leave until the glue dries.
- Gently check that all the buttons have stuck. If any are loose, glue them again and wait for the glue to dry again..
- Turn the buttons over and glue the pin to the back. Use plenty of glue..
- Cut the felt to fit in the pin and round off the corners.
- Glue the felt in place.
- Once you are confident the glue is dry and that each piece is secure, you can wear it proudly.
June 21, 20160 found this helpful
This brooch resembles a flower with a button center and petals. Learn how to make it in this short video.
In These Guides