Keeping Cats Out of the Garden

I was reading on my cat calendar how cats hate the smell of chamomile and the smell of marigolds and if you plant those in your garden the cats won't dig in the garden much.

I was thinking if you were to put one of those air freshener things that go off on their own. If the cat sees it and sees that it can't predict when the air freshener spray will go off, I doubt it would ever go near that garden again. It kind of depends on how smart the cat is, but if you set a simple alarm clock to go off while the cat is there or hide a walky-talky in the garden and the cat doesn't know where the sound comes from then, it will stay away too.

I love cats - they are smart and they know how to take naps. Mine don't like any kind of spraying noise. If they hear it, I suppose they might think it is a hissing snake or another hissing cat.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Answers:

Keeping Cats Out of the Garden

Two things not to use are mothballs and black pepper (the pepper is fatal to cats). (06/17/2010)

By Maryeileen

A cat sitting in a garden bed.
Keeping Cats Out of the Garden
A siamese cat sleeping in a planter.
Keeping Cats Out of Planters
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
A gray cat among flowers.
Keeping Cats Out of Flowerbeds
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 10:44:42 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.