Keeping No-See-Ums Away

Does any one have a remedy to keep gnats off of you, especially the face? They are also referred as no-see-ums! This is needed information for someone in south Georgia. The gnats are very irritating and she needs something to keep them off her. Thanks for your help.

By Billie from Sharpsburg, GA

Best Answer

If it is a problem while sitting around the lawn, try using citronella candles. You can get several metal buckets with citronella candle that lasts a long time at Family Dollar Store. Just place them around where the seating is and light up a few minutes before sitting down. Could hang a few from low tree branches if any are near the sitting location or set them on ledges, table or something that is head high, but not too close to the face. This will help control the majority in advance.

You could spray the area with bug repellent before sitting down, but will probably have to repeat often. Remove any sweet smelling fragrances on your person prior to going outdoors.

Anonymous

Gnats do not like the odor of lemon or mint so perhaps your friend could spray herself and the area around where she sits with a mixture of fresh lemon juice and water or a mixture of mint listerine mouthwash and water. Neither are harmful to humans or plants or the environment.

Skin So Soft by Avon is great for all kinds of bugs! I even use it on my grandchildren and rub it on my 2 cats.

Best Answer

What kind of Avon Skin So Soft Oil? The Original (the blue one) or the pink one?

Anonymous

Baby Oil

www.NaturalGinesis.com Mint Spray + Keen Green for bathing n cleaning. All natural not poisonous, kills all kinds of bugs and mites. U need nothing else, can clean the whole house, n even laundry. Saving me. I have skin grafts. Very gentle non drying of my skin.I would have given up if it weren't 4 this company n these products. Can't say enough good. Only bite at night and love cotton live in it.maxi pads,pee pads 4 my dog, pillows.