Going Away Gift Ideas

When friends or family are moving away, you may want to give them a present to help them on their way. This is a guide about going away gift ideas.

My niece and her husband just sold their home and followed their dreams to Manhattan. Knowing her space would be limited, as a going away gift I gave her a kitchy little vase and told her husband to keep it filled with the fresh flowers which are so abundant there from the street vendors. Today she sent me the first picture of the vase with Gerbera daisies in it. I was taken by the sharp contrast of the flowers against the city skyline as seen from their window and thought others might find it interesting too.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

My Japanese friend has lived in America for 3 years, but she will be returning to Japan. I want to buy her a meaningful (but inexpensive) goodbye gift. Any suggestions?

By Sara N.

Answers

Gift her a nice watch. It will be a good, useful thing for her.

What about something that represents where you live, like an unusual craft or anything that will remind her of her stay in the US? Maybe a lovely photo album filled with photos of her stay?

A book of recipes that she loved here in America that she can recreate at home.