Keeping Your Lunch Box Clean

A girl eating lunch out of her lunch box.
For those of us who "brown bag it" you know that your lunch box can pick up odors and spills. This is a guide about keeping your lunch box clean.

When packing anything in your lunch container that might leak or spill (liquids, etc.), put the items in those plastic bags we all get from the produce section of our local grocery store. On more than one occasion, I have come across a messy disaster in my lunch box due to something spilling or leaking and all but ruining my lunch. In the event of any mess, it should be contained within the plastic bag, and your other items can be saved, cleaned up and the rest of the mess contained and thrown away. This has saved me on more than one occasion.

Top Comment

After many times of arriving at work with coffee or juice of some kind all over my important papers, this tip saved a lot of mess.

I pack a lunch bag 3 days a week. I hate the smell of a lunch bag when I empty it at the end of the day. I don't like running it under water and I'm always afraid of mold growing in it.

I squirt it with Purell liquid, and wipe it well with a paper towel. It always smells fresh and clean and free of germs. Keep it wide open until you use it again. :)