Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Isn't Making Ice

I have a Kenmore side by side model 106.56532400 with the door ice dispenser and water. The water still works, but the ice maker won't make ice.

I thawed the freezer and heated it with the blow dryer and inspected the back and it still is not working. I do have a reverse osmosis filter from my sink running to the refrigerator and there are no kinks in the line.

Does anyone have any suggestions? If I can avoid calling Sears that would be great. I would like to try and resolve this myself. Thanks.

By AJ from Tampa, FL

Answers:

Perhaps this site could help? http://www.justanswer.com/Kenmore (03/20/2010)

By WildIrish

(Submitted via email)

On Kenmore frig not making ice: On the back of the inside of the freezer is some tubing where the water goes in. Separate them very carefully and defrost them. The water has frozen inside them and won't let the water run into the ice maker.

We had the same problem and this resolved it. You can defrost by using a hair dryer to melt the ice, or if you can completely remove part of the tubing, run it under hot water from the faucet. Remember how you took it apart, so you can put it back the same way. It worked for us.

Gramma Lucy (03/21/2010)

By Sappie

Try resetting the metal bar that limits the amount of ice your frig makes. Lift it, then lower it. This cost, nothing. It helped my neighbor. Good luck. (03/22/2010)

By DEADFISFH

Ice Maker Manual
Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄