Kentucky Fried Chicken

Ingredients

• 3 lb. chicken, cut up
  • 1 Tbsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • pepper
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cup milk

Directions

Boil chicken in 2 tsp. salted water, covered. Save broth and drain and cool chicken. Brown flour in 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Mix flour with remaining ingredients. Dip chicken in batter and fry in deep fat at 375 degrees F.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Kentucky Fried Chicken

I think 2 tsp. salted water must be a typo (or I'm misunderstanding). How much water? (02/26/2007)

By payrollgenius

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

Use CAKE flour. (10/11/2008)

By jd

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

So you all worked at KFC, I did too and got some mixed out took it home and had burnt fried chicken. You need the big pressure fryer to make the chicken, and further more I mixed the chicken with salt and pepper with the bag flour and it tasted good without the so called secret ingredients. He he (11/15/2008)

By loser

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

You have to put chicken piece in water for 7 hours before you go ahead. (11/21/2008)

By Sunny S.

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

I don't know about you guys but up here in Canada the KFC tastes like its 10 spices short. I remember back in the 70's it was umm finger lickin' good but you don't get that taste anymore. (12/02/2008)

By Dave

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

There are several very good variations of KFC chicken recipes at easykfcrecipes.com. (01/01/2009)

By Lici

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

I would like everyone that is talking about the chicken being marinated over night to know that it is marinated. Not over night tho, I worked for the company that KFC gets there chicken from the chicken is injected with herbs and spices. Needless to say no one was allowed in the room that housed the "secret ingredients". It was all done by two people, one that worked the morning shift and one that worked the evening shift. (02/15/2009)

By Lynn2728

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

Hey you can go to KFC home town. Corbin Kentucky and see where it all started, the recipe was bought by Mr Sanders himself from a black lady that lived in Corbin he hired her to work for him. The recipe is in a glass case there at the store. The first KFC of it's kind and is still serving food there. How do I know I am from there. (02/28/2009)

By P.M.

Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe

Well, I can tell you all for a fact that KFC does not marinate chicken overnight. They only marinate the chicken used for extra crispy and it's done for no more than one hour. I also don't believe that the secret herbs and spices are "injected" directly into the chicken, that just makes no sense at all. The secret herbs and spices are in the flour used to coat the chicken. I spent 8 years managing one and have some pretty intimate knowledge of how things are done. (05/06/2009)

By wildbill24