Chicken Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
September 29, 2015
This is a quick and easy way to make chicken fried rice with vegetables right at home. This dish can be made with shrimp, pork or beef also.
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut up into small pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, cut in half & sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally very thin
- 3-4 cloves garlic, cut into paper thin slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups long grain white rice, precooked
All seasonings can be adjusted after a test taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken, garlic and toss it to get the flavor through the chicken.
- Add onion slices and celery. Toss and mix well.
- Cover and lower heat for 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet put water, butter and 1 beaten egg, as you would an omelet. Let in set until the egg is cooked.
- Remove from the pan onto a plate and using a fork and knife cut this egg in shredds. Add this to your skillet of meat and veggies.
- Then add rice, soy sauce and seasonings. Test taste for more ginger or soy sauce. Serve hot.
April 30, 20200 found this helpful
Sounds delish! However, you don't mention how many people it serves -- from the amount of rice, it looks like 3 to 4?
Looking forward to making it.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.