Pork Fried Rice with Duck Sauce
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
February 22, 2020
I had leftover pork tenderloin from dinner yesterday. So I made two cups of white rice after cleaning up my kitchen. Fried rice is best made with day old cold rice. This is an incredibly easy fast recipe! So fast, it was a bit difficult to take too many step by step pictures. I did my best.
- 2 cups cubed pork
- 2 cups cold white rice
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thick
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 carrots (I used a thick sliced greater)
- 2 large cloves garlic, thin sliced
- 3 Tbsp snipped scallions
- 3 eggs beaten, in a bowl set aside
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, use more to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1 can La Choy bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup fresh pea pods (snap peas)
- water as needed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Duck Sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- few drops lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp apple sauce
- Put the oil in the covered skillet. As you prep all the vegetables, put them in a bowl.
- Start heating the oil and put the meat and fresh vegetables in the skillet, tossing quickly. Letting the oil get into all the ingredients. After a few minutes lower the heat and cover.
- Add the bean sprouts and salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Water as needed.
- Take all the vegetables in the skillet and push them to the sides, making a space in the middle of the skillet. Put a Tbls of oil in the skillet. Pour the beaten eggs in the middle, using a fork, whisk the egg until it cooks and breaks into threads. When the egg is cooked, stir everything together.
- While everything is very hot, place all the pea pods onto the top of the rice and cover. Turn heat down to the low setting.
- Mix sauce ingredients well, microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir well. It is a bit spicy!
- Optional: I put a Tbsp. of the sauce in my pan of rice.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.