Fried Rice Recipes

This is a simple way to make a delicious bacon-based fried rice without much hassle. This is a one-pan to table delight!

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 4-6 servings

• 8 ounced bacon, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 carrot, chopped
  • 1 inch piece fresh ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 cups cooked rice
  • 3 Tbsp soy sauce

1. Heat a couple teaspoons of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon, onion, bell pepper and carrot. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
  2. Grate in the ginger. Stir.
  3. Grate in the garlic cloves. Stir.
  4. Make a well in the middle and add a teaspoon of oil. Pour in beaten eggs and add some salt and pepper. Start scrambling the eggs right in the middle.
  5. Stir all the eggs, veggies and bacon together.
  6. Add the cooked rice to the pan.
  7. Stir everything together, then add the soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed, before serving.

16 More Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Fry bacon until crisp, remove bacon. With drippings, stir-fry onion for 2 minutes. Add cold cooked rice; stir fry 7-8 minutes. Add soy sauce, water, crumbled bacon; reduce heat. Pour eggs on top of rice and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until egg is cooked.

I love turning leftovers into new meals in the following days, and this fried rice is one of my favourites! You can use any meat, veggies, and rice you have left over to make a new meal that tastes nothing like it used to. I used leftover ham and rice from Thanksgiving, and used up the rest of the veggies I had in the drawers.

Fried Rice from Leftovers on plate

We usually eat this as a main course, but it would also make a great side dish. We usually add Chinese BBQ pork, but it is a tasty vegetarian dish without it. My son requests Fried Rice often.

A bowl of homemade fried rice with pork and veggies.

In medium pan, heat oil and saute onion, garlic, and rice. Add hot water and salt. Bring to a full boil. . .

Combine water and salt in a 3 quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain rice.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Stir fry 2 eggs in oil. Add celery, onions, mushrooms and pork or shrimp with remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet.

Cook rice until done; set aside to drain. Heat oil in large skillet; pour on eggs. As they harden, cut up eggs with 2 knives.

Here is my updated take and twist on fried rice. This recipe is easy to make. The only time consuming part is cooking everything individually, but in the end it is worth it as this lasted us for 3 dinners!

Fried Rice with meat, egg, & peas

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Upgrade leftover rice into a plate of feast. This recipe is another kitchen innovation I discovered just this morning. My partner loves fried rice and I want it to be more flavorful with a different twist. Here's the recipe.

Cheesy Fried Rice on plate

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Just bought a Chinese cabbage at our little farm market and went to town with a Chinese inspired dinner. Please don't be afraid of trying the sauce! It was wonderful!

To cook Rice for fried rice or other dishes that don't call for "gluggy rice" simply cook in the usual way (as in packet instructions), the steaming method is best but any other way you like will do.

I recently just learned that when you make egg fried rice, you must add the egg first then the rice, anyone know why?

Thanks.

Answers

I dont do it that way. I sauté the rice first. I use a wok and push the rice out of the way. I then add the egg and then the peas

I do the eggs separately. Not sure why eggs with rice but maybe to save time? :)

Mostly because if you add the eggs after the rice (right in them) they will soak up the rice and make a terrible consistency. I did that with my ex boyfriend in college and we still joke about that to this very day!!!!!!!!!!

I don't put eggs in fried rice since I don't eat eggs.

I learned from a college class that the eggs go in first so the rice doesn't get clumpy.

This article give you the reason in depth:

thetakeout.com/how-to-make-perfect-fried-rice-and...

A bit of chopped ham and lots of veggies makes for a delicious fried rice variation. This page contains a recipe for ham stir fried rice.

Serving of rice.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This page contains recipes for chicken vegetable fried rice. Chicken vegetable fried rice is a fast easy and delicious meal for your hungry family.

finished dish

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes International ChineseAugust 21, 2011
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf600351.tip.html