Fried Rice Recipes

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts
Fried Rice with ham

• 3 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
  • 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 3 cups cooked rice
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
  • 2 large green onions, finely chopped
  • Advertisement

• 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
  • 2 tsp. soy sauce

Directions:

Beat the egg and sesame oil in a small bowl.

Heat the vegetable oil in a wok. Add the eggs and cook about 30 seconds while tilting and swirling and then break the eggs up into pieces.

Add the rice and cook, stirring every few seconds, until completely heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the peas, green onions and bean sprouts and stir fry for about 3 minutes, turning constantly. Stir in the soy sauce well and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

22 More Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts

This is my version of a Korean fried rice. I took inspiration from the strong and spicy flavours you find in Korean barbecue and blended it with my usual fried rice recipe. The outcome is a very punchy rice with a comforting soft egg on top.

Koreans typically place a raw egg yolk on top of their meals, but I'm not so keen on that. A fried egg, slightly on the over easy side, does just the trick. This was a huge hit with my friends!

Korean Inspired Fried Rice on plate

This is a simple way to make a delicious bacon-based fried rice without much hassle. This is a one-pan to table delight!

Bacon Fried Rice in bowl

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts

Fry bacon until crisp, remove bacon. With drippings, stir-fry onion for 2 minutes. Add cold cooked rice; stir fry 7-8 minutes.

Add soy sauce, water, crumbled bacon; reduce heat. Pour eggs on top of rice and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until egg is cooked.

I love turning leftovers into new meals in the following days, and this fried rice is one of my favourites! You can use any meat, veggies, and rice you have left over to make a new meal that tastes nothing like it used to. I used leftover ham and rice from Thanksgiving, and used up the rest of the veggies I had in the drawers.

Fried Rice from Leftovers on plate

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 162 Posts

We usually eat this as a main course, but it would also make a great side dish. We usually add Chinese BBQ pork, but it is a tasty vegetarian dish without it. My son requests Fried Rice often.

A bowl of homemade fried rice with pork and veggies.

In medium pan, heat oil and saute onion, garlic, and rice. Add hot water and salt. Bring to a full boil. . .

Combine water and salt in a 3 quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain rice.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil in skillet. Stir fry 2 eggs in oil. Add celery, onions, mushrooms and pork or shrimp with remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet.

Fry and chip bacon; leave bacon grease in pan. Saute chopped onion and chopped green pepper. Take out and saute diced Spam, add rice and brown. Put all together in pan.

Cook rice until done; set aside to drain. Heat oil in large skillet; pour on eggs. As they harden, cut up eggs with 2 knives.

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 361 Posts

Set wok or pan you normally use for stir frying, over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons cooking oil, swirling to coat sides. Add eggs and scramble. Remove and set aside.

Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts

Here is my updated take and twist on fried rice. This recipe is easy to make. The only time consuming part is cooking everything individually, but in the end it is worth it as this lasted us for 3 dinners!

Fried Rice with meat, egg, & peas

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 449 Posts

Upgrade leftover rice into a plate of feast. This recipe is another kitchen innovation I discovered just this morning. My partner loves fried rice and I want it to be more flavorful with a different twist. Here's the recipe.

Cheesy Fried Rice on plate

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain all but 3 Tbsp. of the drippings. . .

Just bought a Chinese cabbage at our little farm market and went to town with a Chinese inspired dinner. Please don't be afraid of trying the sauce! It was wonderful!

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes International ChineseAugust 21, 2011
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf600351.tip.html