Ham Stir Fried Rice
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 190 Posts
March 22, 2013
This is a delicious fried rice variation. I used a lot of vegetables compared to amount of rice for a colorful dish.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: approximately 8 cups
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen green beans, cut into 1-2 inches pieces
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 4 cups cooked rice, I used brown Basmati
- 2-3 Tbsp oil, I used sesame
- soy sauce
- Chop ham and onions. Slice carrots.
- Add 1+ tablespoons of oil to skillet and fry the meat and veggies until they are tender, crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Add rice to skillet and fry, add additional oil as needed.
- Scramble eggs and pour into skillet, cook and mix throughout rice.
- Add ham, carrots, and onions back to skillet.
- Add peas, beans, and mushrooms. Mix well. Add soy sauce to taste. Continue stirring until the veggies are hot and tender crisp.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.