Making Fried Rice with Eggs

I recently just learned that when you make egg fried rice, you must add the egg first then the rice, anyone know why?

Thanks.

I dont do it that way. I sauté the rice first. I use a wok and push the rice out of the way. I then add the egg and then the peas

I did ask around and they said that it help to make the egg taste better and coat the rice with egg better. But I'm not really understand that.

I do the eggs separately. Not sure why eggs with rice but maybe to save time? :)

Mostly because if you add the eggs after the rice (right in them) they will soak up the rice and make a terrible consistency. I did that with my ex boyfriend in college and we still joke about that to this very day!!!!!!!!!!

I don't put eggs in fried rice since I don't eat eggs.

I learned from a college class that the eggs go in first so the rice doesn't get clumpy.

This article give you the reason in depth:

thetakeout.com/how-to-make-perfect-fried-rice-and...

Eggs and rice are a very popular dish because it is very veritable and can be made for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner/supper.
For this reason, you will find many variations of people's favorite ways to prepare it.
ThriftyFun has several recipes from past postings and I love Attosa's recipe.

www.thriftyfun.com/tf600351.tip.html

It is generally considered cooking eggs first (or by themselves) because adding them on top of rice so often makes a big gooey mess.

I have found that day old rice and a little drier rice work best with eggs and other ingredients.
You should experiment with different ways to see what recipe you like best.

Rice seems to be a staple for Japanese and Koreans so they always seem to have excellent recipes. Check out this site for some ideas:

mykoreankitchen.com/.../

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking From ScratchJune 5, 2019
🐛
📓
🌻