KoreanInternational

Korean Inspired Fried Rice

Korean Inspired Fried Rice on plate
This is my version of a Korean fried rice. I took inspiration from the strong and spicy flavours you find in Korean barbecue and blended it with my usual fried rice recipe. The outcome is a very punchy rice with a comforting soft egg on top.

Koreans typically place a raw egg yolk on top of their meals, but I'm not so keen on that. A fried egg, slightly on the over easy side, does just the trick. This was a huge hit with my friends!

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 50 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

ingredients

1. Heat a bit of oil in a large pan over medium high heat and add the ground meat. Break it into smaller bits.
  2. ground meat in pan
  3. After a few minutes, add the garlic and ginger. Stir, cooking until the meat is browned.
  4. garlic added to ground meat
  5. Add the soy sauce, chili, and sugar. Stir until everything is evenly distributed. Pour this mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
  6. cooked ground meat with seasoning
  7. With the meat juices still in the pan, add the onions and broccoli. Stir fry until wilted, 5-7 minutes. Add some water if the pan dries up a bit.
  8. broccoli & onions to pan
  9. Stir in the mushrooms. Cook until mixture starts to brown at the edges. Transfer to the same bowl with the meat mixture.
  10. mushrooms added to pan
  11. Add some oil to the pan and scramble the 2 whisked eggs. Transfer to the big bowl.
  12. eggs scrambled in pan
  13. Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan and set to high. Place the rice in the pan and cook while stirring frequently. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
  14. Rice added to pan
  15. Return the meat, vegetables, and scrambled eggs to the pan with the rice. Mix very well.
  16. meat & veggies re-added to pan
  17. Do a taste test then make any adjustments. I added more chili and soy sauce.
  18. chili flakes added to Fried Rice
  19. Fry one egg for each serving, to go on top of the rice.
  20. cooking eggs
  21. Serve rice in bowls then top with a fried egg. Drizzle with chili flake oil.
  22. egg added to top of Fried Rice

Another winner...
Fried rice is always a favorite and this just adds additional ways to enjoy.
Betty

Ahh thanks, Betty :) This one is by far one of my favourite fried rices now. Hope you try it! x

Food and Recipes Recipes International KoreanFebruary 10, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻