Authentic Korean Recipes

Category Korean
Korean food spread centered on meal in a bowl
This page contains Authentic Korean Recipes. When making Korean egg rolls, dumplings or cakes, you want to use the right ingredients so it tastes like the real thing.

This page contains Korean birthday cake recipes. A light, spongy cake layered with fresh fruit and sweet cream can make a special birthday treat.

Slice of Ssaeng Cream Cake (Korean style sponge cake with whipped cream frosting and fruit)

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Where can I get a recipe for Korean Yaki Mondo?

By Charles from Indian Head, MD

Best Answer

Yaki-Mandu (Korean Egg Roll)

Recipe #29439 | 1½ hours | 1 hour prep | add Great finger food for parties--always a hit. Much easier to prepare if you have a food processor.

80 -100 egg rolls (never really counted) (change servings and units)

Change to: egg rolls (never really counted) US Ingredients

1 lb ground beef or ground pork

2 yellow onions, diced

2 cups carrots, diced

1/2 green cabbage, boiled and diced, squeeze out excess water

2 green onions, cut thin

1/2 cup mushroom, diced

2 eggs, divided (one egg will be needed to seal wrapper)

1/8 cup soy sauce

1 pinch salt and black pepper

2 (12 ounce) packages small egg roll wraps (found near produce section)

Dipping sauce

1/4 cup soy sauce

1 teaspoon red pepper

1 teaspoon sesame seed

Directions

1 Keep the ground beef in the fridge until you are done preparing the rest of the ingredients.

2 Mix ingredients in large bowl (it's best to use your hands like preparing a meatloaf).

3 Scoop some of the mixture into a smaller bowl and keep the rest in the fridge until you are ready for it (wrapping is time consuming and you don't want the meat to be out any longer than it needs to be).

4 Mix a raw egg in a small bowl or cup, or use a small bowl of water.

5 Place a "sheet" of the egg roll wrap on work surface in front of you then spoon a teaspoonful of meat mixture into the center of the wrapper, dip finger into egg to spread it onto two adjoining edges of the wrapper and fold in half diagonally to seal it (will look like triangle).

6 Press edges together and gently hold egg roll in hand and carefully squeeze out excess air as you are sealing.

7 Deep fry until golden brown (for healthier method, steam/pan fry with less oil).

8 Dipping sauce: Mix soy cause, red pepper and sesame seeds.

I am looking for authentic Korean recipes for yaki mondo and kimchi. I lived there for a year and loved the stuff, but I can't find my recipes. I want to be able to make a large amount of the yaki mondo to freeze so I need instructions for that, too. Thanks.

By momma2many from AR

Answers:

Authentic Korean Recipes

Try this: recipesource.com (03/31/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Authentic Korean Recipes

bodyecology.com (04/03/2009)

By Selahgal

Authentic Korean Recipes

My cousin married a Korean girl and she uses: mykoreankitchen

I have also used this website: maangchi.com

I know the second one has a kimchi recipe. I hope this helps.
(04/03/2009)

By Alliea

Authentic Korean Recipes

Hey momma2many. My sister lives in Greenwood, my folks live in Paris, and I live in Ozark. We too are a military family, my dad was, retired now. But hey nice to see someone who likes Korean food in Arkansas, too. It is hard to come by in this neck of the woods.

Check out Anna Kim's page on Youtube, her handle/profile name is koreancuisine I got a Bulgogi recipe from her a couple weeks ago. It was just like I remembered it from an authentic Korean restaurant I used to go to. It was unbelievable. Easier yet here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/koreancuisine
I asked her to post a video for yakimondo, she has a good kimchi recipe up already, the recipes are listed in the box to the right of the videos (more info). Hope you like it. Drop me an email if this helps. (04/30/2009)

By ozhillbilly70