Dak Bulgogi (Korean BBQ Chicken)
This is a restaurant-quality meal easily made at home. I used chicken thighs.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey or 1-1/3 more tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice wine, mirin or white wine
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Trim off excess fat off the chicken. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put the chicken in the marinade for 30 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces, reserving the marinade.
- Cook until cooked through and slightly caramelized, about 2 minutes each side. The sugar and honey in the marinade will burn easily, so watch it carefully and add the reserved marinade by tablespoon when the pan gets dry. If needed, you can slightly reduce the heat to avoid burning.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.