Chicken Vegetable Fried Rice
This is a quick and easy way to make chicken fried rice with vegetables right at home. This dish can be made with shrimp, pork or beef also.
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut up into small pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, cut in half & sliced thinly
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally very thin
- 3-4 cloves garlic, cut into paper thin slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups long grain white rice, precooked
All seasonings can be adjusted after a test taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken, garlic and toss it to get the flavor through the chicken.
- Add onion slices and celery. Toss and mix well.
- Cover and lower heat for 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet put water, butter and 1 beaten egg, as you would an omelet. Let in set until the egg is cooked.
- Remove from the pan onto a plate and using a fork and knife cut this egg in shredds. Add this to your skillet of meat and veggies.
- Then add rice, soy sauce and seasonings. Test taste for more ginger or soy sauce. Serve hot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!