Kimchi to Treat Night Leg Cramps

In my mid fifties, I started to get agonizing leg cramps in my calves and feet at night. I tried different remedies but could not eliminate them. I like to watch Korean Dramas, so I tried eating the Korean staple food, kimchi for fun. I noticed that when I ate a little kimchi, I did not get leg cramps.

Now I just eat two mouthfuls of kimchi each day and I am leg cramp free. Works like a miracle for me. Kimchi is very hot and spicy so you need to eat it, like you would a relish, with something. You can eat it with rice, eggs, meat, fish, tofu, or chicken or whatever, at any time of the day. Kimchi is is usually made with cabbage fermented with hot pepper. It is very high in nutrients, and can be easily absorbed in the stomach. I don't know why it works, it just does.

This sounds really interesting! I have several friends and family who complain of leg cramps, and I'll mention this to them! Many thanks for the post!

I had horrible leg pain in my thigh. It was always swollen and hot. I tried Hylands leg cramps and have been using them ever since. I began using them every four hours then went to three times a day. I now take them twice a day and it has removed the inflammation, pain and swelling. It is a great homeopathic medication. But do ask your doctor before you try them.

Do you think it would work for RLS (restless leg syndrome) and where do you buy it?

Regarding how it would work for restless leg syndrome, I do not know. You can buy kimchi anywhere there is a Korean community, or Korean green grocery store or market. If you do not live near there, you may have to make it yourself. There are recipes on the internet, or you may be able to purchase over the internet but that would be costly.

Thank you Madelyn!

At a doctor's recommendation I started drinking diet tonic water and the quinine content stopped my leg pains. Now I'm hooked on it.

Woman with a leg cramp.
Remedies for Leg Cramps
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 12, 2013
Woman with a Leg Cast
Underwear to Wear with a Leg Cast
Preventing Leg Ulcers
Preventing Leg Ulcers
Leg of Lamb
Leg of Lamb Recipes
A bat decoration on top of a cupcake.
Making Bat Cupcakes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 7:44:11 PM on 10.0.0.134 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.