Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I want to paint my dining/kitchen area. The area is small with a bay window. I have Oak cabinets with a vintage maple stain. My counter top is mauve. I also have an Oak table with hutch. The floors are also Oak.

I have a cased opening that leads to the living room. Colors in living room are mauve and burgundy, with accents of green. What color should I paint the walls in dining/kitchen area? The walls in living room is off white, which I'm leaving. Help.

By rforbes from Franklinton, LA

Answers:

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

You could paint your kitchen taupe or cream, or you could paint it a shade of pink that is two or three shades lighter that your counter top. Another option is a light green, maybe a light sage. I would go to the paint dept of your favorite store and bring home all the paint chips you think might work and play with them for a while before deciding. (05/12/2009)

By Patty Lynn

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
White kitchen with right green painted backsplash
Adding Color to My Kitchen Walls
Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
🎉
🎄