Kitchen Paint Color Advice

I want to paint my dining/kitchen area. The area is small with a bay window. I have Oak cabinets with a vintage maple stain. My counter top is mauve. I also have an Oak table with hutch. The floors are also Oak.

I have a cased opening that leads to the living room. Colors in living room are mauve and burgundy, with accents of green. What color should I paint the walls in dining/kitchen area? The walls in living room is off white, which I'm leaving. Help.

By rforbes from Franklinton, LA

Kitchen Paint Color Advice

You could paint your kitchen taupe or cream, or you could paint it a shade of pink that is two or three shades lighter that your counter top. Another option is a light green, maybe a light sage. I would go to the paint dept of your favorite store and bring home all the paint chips you think might work and play with them for a while before deciding. (05/12/2009)

By Patty Lynn

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Gallon paint cans with several different colors and had holding paint color sample strips
Kitchen Paint Color Advice for Dark Green Counter Tops
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets