Kitchen Paint Color to Match Maple Cabinets

What color to paint my kitchen? I have maple cabinets with dark hues, a Formica countertop with black, beige, and a touch of pink speckles. The floor is light tone with a touch of gold. The backsplash is very light marble like tile with bronzed tile as an accent. I have a large wall and little walls throughout the rest of the kitchen. Please help!

By Karen from NY

I would paint your walls a light color. I do not like dark rooms so I'd pick a cream, beige, gray, or a gold color. Pick a color that is in your flooring and backsplash. (09/26/2010)

By OliveOyl

I'm thinking a shade of green, but not ordinary green. I went to Valspar's website, and looked at colors (click on 'explore colors'). Look for a color called 'chopped chive.' (09/26/2010)

By Joanne

Personally, I like the antique white. I think with your cabinets and after seeing your black and white stove, I'd use the antique white. It wipes off easily and looks great with the wood.

We did our bathroom in a tiny blue print and maple corners and floor boards. We also have the pedestal sink and it looks fabulous. I am very partial to the antique white.

Good luck!
Gem (09/28/2010)

By maphisx7

What colors are you best with living with? Make it something you like as you are in that area a lot! Perhaps a very light lavender or pale green is your cup of tea; or perhaps a light apricot color or even better a light tangerine! One lady I know loved red, and really wanted her kitchen that color; but when it was done, she hated it! While she loved red in other things, it just did not work for her at all on the walls, especially in a room she spent so much time in!

Another option available to think about: is changing the color of the cabinets. Easy to do: get a primer, paint it on first; then make the cabinets a different color. One woman had someone do this for her; and the green color she chose was just outstanding! Completely transformed the way her kitchen had looked for years! Her husband was very handy at woodworking and even "etched" a design in the cabinets for her; and she got new handles and knobs. Easy way to update a kitchen!

You can even go for some of the wonderful wallpaper they have out; they even have "textured" wallpapers that are white; and then you paint over them! These give a "textured" look to the wall without great expense! If I were you, I would go at different times to various paint centers, and choose colors that pop out at you. Then take a "sample" and hold near the wall; and try to "envision" what it would look like!
Good luck! (I am currently working on a bedroom in this same manner!) (09/28/2010)

By MzScarlett

Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets
Maple Tree
Growing Maple Trees