Kitten Photos

Category Cats
Every cat starts as an adorable, playful kitten who is fun to photograph. This is a guide about kitten photos.

Just today, the kittens crawled out of their box and started making their way towards the front door. I had a hammock with three sides tied and one side loose. They are old enough to exercise, but not old enough to climb into a regular hammock on their own. This gives them a chance to use their muscles and balance. This hammock is one of the best ways to photograph kittens who are always in the move.

So Precious ! Good idea to strengthen their bodies. :)

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Mario and Isabella (collectively known as the "obnoxious kittens") are 5 months old. My daughter asked for a kitten for her birthday (her cat had passed away a couple months earlier). Around the same time her best friend's older sister found some two week-old abandoned feral kittens she was hand raising. We brought them home when they were 7 weeks old. We were going to take the girl for my daughter, but when my husband heard the other kitten would be going to the pound he said, "We should take both."

My daughter named Isabella; the rest of us named Mario (we already have a cat named "Yoshi"). They are adorable! Mario likes to lick your hair, nibble on your nose, and cuddle up for a nap. Izzy likes to attack your shoelaces, jump up on the kitchen table, and curl up in your lap.

They hide around corners and attack each other and like to cuddle with each other and my other cat, Yoshi. They have really loud purrs and are both really good with my children. Because there are two of them, one of them is always into something they shouldn't be, but they are so cute we forgive them for always being so naughty.

By Stephanie

Comment Like this photo? 18

They are adorable! So precious! I'm so glad you took both! Don't you wish they could stay this way? Years ago I took my kitten to the vet at 3 months old (for a vaccination) and said "Can't you make him stay this way?" Even though he grew up, he was always adorable. Please keep posting pictures of them. Thanks for sharing these, I was wondering what the "obnoxious kittens" looked like! :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
2 months old

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed Breed Cats

How and when did you get your pet?
My cat gave birth to these three kitties about 2 months ago. They are extremely tiny and love to cuddle and sleep.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
They like to hide inside boxes and cupboards for fun!

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
I love when they all jump into the same box and then cuddle up and sleep literally on top of each other!

Comment Like this photo? 3

They are beautiful! I also adore watching all my cats and kittens sleep...they are such cuddle bugs with one another!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Baby Age is now 2 years old. Baby was given to us on 5/20/2011. She loves to play with her laser toys for fun. Our pup Vader passed 5/10/2010 and we believe that on 5/20/2011 Vader led our friend Mike to this kitten now named Baby alone in a field next to his house and he gave her to us.

By Tangzmom from Hollister, CA

Comment Like this photo? 10
Anonymous

Great topic Chris. Good to keep us all on our toes. Their are so many things to learn, and easy to get lost in one and foregt the others.For me it is still getting up to speed with the digital age. The two big areas for me are editing/post processing, ie quickly and well, and marketing/visibility starting with a real website.

I bought a template New Years day, figured I wouldn't stall anymore and kick off the new year with a bang. So easy to procrastinate and wait to do one thing before doing the next (ie organize photos and design site-obviously a never ending process- instead of jumping in with a domain and a template). I want to put my energy into getting this up and running, and work on getting shoots processed quickly.

The creative part is always part of what I do, but good to revisit that and come up with new ways to make photos exciting. Love the extra light in your photos. It really picks up the saturation and gives extra kick to what could be a partially drab situation. Lighting is everything, well ok, not everything but so much of what makes a photograph stand out to me.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Prince (Kitten) a grey and white kitten on the floor.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

We got Prince's mom (Kyra Mae) from a family member. To our surprise, she was pregnant with Prince and his brother Mr. Tink.

black & white kitten

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 17

Belladonna was just so beautiful. She lived for about four years before she was killed by a fast driver. She was one of those cats that was always there when you needed a cuddle. I'll miss her.

Boy holding kitten.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Mittens is 10 weeks old. I was at a yard sale with my Aunt. They had kittens so I thought I'd surprise my son and bring home his 1st kitty. Hubby was very surprised too, lol. This is the 1st picture of my son with Mittens. Mittens likes to play and snuggle.

Tink And Prince kittens 2

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 20

Tink and Prince are 7 month old kittens. We got Tink and Prince because my sister told me to take her cat, Prince's mom. I did and to our surprise, 2 months later she had gave birth to Tink and Prince!

2 kittens sleeping in potty

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

These beautiful kittens not quite 6 weeks old adopted my 2 year old grandson Michael's potty that he (Michael) has yet to make use of. Isaiah, Michael's older brother who is 10, thought this was such a precious sight he would send it to his grandma in Canada.

Foxy (Kitten)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Foxy is a 4 month old kitten . She was a present from my nephew, since I had a best friend furry family member that passed not too long ago, RIP. She was white with black. Her name was Nena.

Ginger the Orange Kitten on a Striped Chair

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Ginger is an 8 week old kitten. Ginger was born on the farm. His parents are feral cats. He was born approx 8 weeks ago, and came to us about 2 weeks ago.

tabby kitten

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

TJ is a 7 week old tabby kitten with gray stripes. We went to the shelter and some people drove up with a kennel full of kittens. I picked out two of them for my daughter who had just lost her other gray cat, Tiger, to a bad condition of paralysis.

Waltzing Kittens Playing on a Chair

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Let me introduce you to the waltzing kittens, Latte and Ginger. They are siblings from a litter of kittens. I had decided to take some pictures of the litter as I was going to advertise them for adoption.

A grey tabby kitten on the floor of a house.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Shiba is one month old. We got her from a friend. She is a very loving, caring, warm, and playful kitten. She loves playing with toys, watching TV, looking outdoors, walking, and chasing birds.

Tasha the Kitten on Top of Tissue Box

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

Tasha is an 8 week old kitten. Tasha is one of our cat's litter. She loves to play kitten soccer with a ball. She is a very curious cat.

Nilla (Kitten)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

This is one of my kittens, Nilla. She is 4 months old. She is likely to be distracted and entertained by anything! She was walking by my desk last week, which was a little messy at the time, and my head phones just so happened to be dangling off the side of my desk.

kitten looking through window at rooster

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

Kittens are always learning. The more experiences they have, the more confident they become!

A grey cat under a bush outside.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Misty is 3 years old and one of Callie's kittens. She loves it outdoors when the weather is just right. She likes to chase the butterflies and hummingbirds. Misty never catches them, but she keeps trying!

Two kittens sleeping on their backs.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

We got Titan (left) in June 2013 and we got Locker (right) in July of 2013.

Trixie (Kitten)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Trixie is 9 months old. She is the kitten of a neighborhood stray. She likes to pounce in the grass and chase grasshoppers. She will chase a jingle ball tied to some string.

Leopard Dreams (Kitten)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We seem to often have an old bathtub full of foster kitties this time of year! Mom is weaining them at 5 1/2 weeks and they are eating solid food and having a blast.

Buff and white kitten looking over shoulder.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

My son saw an ad on Craigslist for free kittens. He surprised me with a new family member when I got home from work!

Bon Bon (French for sweet), she is the sweetest cat I have owned in over 60 years. She is 3 or 4 years old (according to the vet) and is a Calico long hair. She adopted us 1 1/2 years ago.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Tortoiseshell Kitten

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Shelby is a 3 month old kitten. I have a cat in my neighborhood that goes from house to house. One day she showed up with 3 kittens. Then another day she left and took 2 of the kittens with her but left one behind.

white kitten peering out from behind plant leaves

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Snowflake is our young kitten.

black & white kitten

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Loki is 6 but the photo was taken when we first got him. A friend saved a feral cat who was pregnant, Loki was one of the kittens that we took in.

kittens

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My four kittens are nine weeks old. They chase each other and they love to tussle. They also attack a piece of soft plastic I leave dangling on a string.

Callie The Kitten

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Callie is 3 months old. She is a feral kitten hand raised since she was 1.5 weeks old. She was orphaned. Her mom was feral but I fed her mom and became friends with her.

kitten

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

These kittens are about five weeks old. Mom Cat brought them into the world with the help of a local Tom Cat! They ride my feet like children on a swing.

Bootsie (Kitten)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Bootsie is a 6 week old kitten. We got him just one week ago at the church's trick or treat night. He was our treat.

Princess Angel (my daughter named her) is 5 months old and I think she is Japanese Bobtail and Siamese. My dad has a full blooded Japanese bobtail, he got out of the house and now I have one of her kittens. Out of a litter of 5 only one had a tail.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Folly (Chihuahua) and Dos (kitten)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Folly, the dog is a chihuahua and is 2 years old. Dos, is a Costa Rican kitten. Folly was bred in Kentucky and Dos was born in Costa Rica...

Nando is a 7 month old cat. I fostered in kittens and cats. I got the rest homes and kept him. He like to watch me on the pc. He is great with any new kittens I bring in for fostering. As he loves to clean and play with them.

By moonshadow from Northern Ireland

Nando the Kitten

Sweet Meow move over

I play with you ha ha meow

Playing in Mama's cowboy boot

Blackie n Spunkyboy laughing

relax cute buddy!