Leewards Craft Patterns

Popular craft patterns from Leewards can still be found, if you know where to look. This is a guide about Leewards Craft Patterns.

January 23, 2017 Flag

I am looking for the directions for the Lee Wards Afghan Kit #1871. It is a cable knit afghan with fringe. It's probably 30 or 40 years old!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is not the original, but may work!

Horseshoe Cable Afghan

Experience Level Advanced beginner** Size Approximately 36" x 40" Designed by Lorraine White

Materials: Worsted weight yarn (3 1/2 oz. per skein): 6 skeins , Size 9 circular needle or size needed to obtain gauge, Stitch markers, Size H/8 crochet hook ,tapestry needle

Gauge: 16 sts and 24 rows = 4"/10cm in St st To save time, take time to check gauge.

Special Abbreviations:

Back cross (BC): Sl next 2 sts to cable needle, hold in back, k2, k2 from cable needle.

Front cross (FC): Sl next 2 sts to cn, hold in front, k2, k2 from cn.

Cable 8 back (C8B): Sl next 4 sts to cn, hold in back, k4, k4 from cn.

Cable 8 front (C8F): Sl next 4 sts to cn, hold in front, k4, k4 from cn.

Pattern Stitches

A.Double Moss Stitch (multiple of 4 sts)

Rows 1 & 2: *K2, p2, rep from * across.

Rows 3 & 4: *P2, k2, rep from * across.

Rep Rows 14 for patt.

B.Horseshoe Cable (panel of 36 sts)

Row 1 (RS): K1, p2, k4, p2, [k8, p2] twice, k4, p2, k1.

Row 2 and rem WS rows: P1, k2, p4, k2, [p8, k2] twice, p4, k2, p1.

Row 3: K1, p2, FC, p2, [k8, p2] twice, BC, p2, k1.

Row 5: Rep Row 1.

Row 7: K1, p2, FC, p2, C8F, p2, C8B, p2, BC, p2, k1.

Row 9: Rep R1 Row 11: Rep R3. Row 13: Rep R1. Row 15: Rep R7. Rows 1724: Rep Rows 14.

Rep Rows 124 for patt.

Afghan

CO 146 sts. Purl 1 row.

Set Up Pattern

Row 1 (RS): K1, pM, work Patt A over 16 sts, pM, Patt B over 36 sts, pM, Patt A over 40 sts, pM, Patt B over 36 sts, pM, Patt A over 16 sts, pM, k1.

Row 2: K1, work Row 2 of Patts A and B as est, end k1.

Continue to work pattern as established, k first and last st of every row until afghan measures approximately 40", ending with Row 24 of Patt B. Knit 1 row, BindOff in purl.

Finishing

With crochet hook, sc around afghan, working 3 sc in each corner. Weave in ends and block.

Fringe

Cut strands of yarn into 12" lengths. Fold 3 strands in half and pull through every 3rd or 4th sc on both ends of afghan. Trim fringe evenly. 

REVISION FILE

Although we make every effort to prevent errors from being published, we regret that they do occasionally occur and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note the following revision(s) shown below underlined. Please note there may be more than one revision to a pattern depending on what reprint number you may have or what date you purchased your electronic pattern.

Horseshoe Cable Afghan [Product Code FK00003, Page Number (10/2/09-cq/mjl)]

Pattern StitchesHorseshoe Cable (panel of 36 sts)Row 3: K1, p2,BC, p2, [k8, p2] twice, FC, p2, k1. Row 7: K1, p2, BC, p2, C8F, p2, C8B, p2, FC, p2, k1.

From Knitting Digest Magazine, Vol 19, Page 44-45, Copyright © 1997 Knitting Digest Magazine Internet: DRGnetwork.com  E-mail: pattern_services@DRGnetwork.com Mail: 306 East Parr Road, Berne, IN 46711  Phone: (260) 589-4000 extension 333

Michael's bought Lee Wards in the 90s. I would contact their corporate office and ask them about it.

December 22, 2004 Flag

I too am looking for the Leewards Advent Calendar from the 1970s that is a Christmas tree made from felt on a white background with felt/sequin ornaments that hang on it - there's a candy cane, house with snow, panda bear, clown, rabbit, etc. It was the advent calendar I used as a child - would love to find a duplicate or the kit to remake if anyone has it. It would mean soooooo much to me! Thanks! Erin in NH.

ErinInNH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am also looking for this pattern, and I would really, really appreciate any patterns, photos, or other information that anyone could share. I would like to create a pattern/tutorial to post and share with others that would like to make this heirloom for their families. It is SO hard to find. My email address is shannon.naan AT yahoo.com

Thanks!

I actually made this calendar in the early 70's, still have it. Although I made a new tree a few years ago, the ornaments are still original. My always-saving-things mother tucked the instructions and patterns away, still have them too. I am willing to scan and send them to anyone who is interested. Email 8tzmom@gmail.com

October 15, 2014 Flag

Does anyone know who Leewards suppliers were and if any of them are still in business?

By Rita

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Michael's if you're in the US - they bought Leewards in 1994.

Michaels doesn't have any answers.

February 14, 2007 Flag

My mother started this afghan over 30 years ago. She has lost the directions. Does anyone have any idea where we could find this?

Becca from MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Do a Google search - "crochet pattern + ripple afghan", there are loads of sites to check out.

Couldn't find the pattern number you mentioned.

Hope you get it finished!

http://www.craftown.com/knit.htm

Free knitting patterns.http://freeknit  ns.blogspot.com/

Free Knitting Patterns & Project Galleryhttp://www.bernat.com/member.php

Bernat: Congratulations, New Member!http://www.stra  n_yarnssort.html

Free Knitting & Crochet Patterns sorted by yarn type - Crystal Palace Yarns Hope you find the pattern at one of these sites

October 20, 2014 Flag

Does anyone know the manufacturer or distributor Leewards used to get their ornament kits?

By Rita

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Michaels - they bought Leewards in 1994.

April 10, 2010 Flag

I was wondering if anyone has the Lee Ward's reversible shell crochet afghan pattern. I would so appreciate having it. I made it about twenty-five years ago for someone and would love to make it for my daughter. She has had five miscarriages and has been blessed with a very special little girl who is due in July. I would just love to make it for her. Thank you so much.

By Rachel from La Grange Park, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://www.knit  t/revbabafg.html

I must be running a lucky streak on search engines. I logged onto Google, copied and pasted your request on their search engine. And then found the website with the crocheting pattern you were looking for. Would you believe it that a thriftyfun member posted the website.

I hope this is the right pattern you were looking for. There's no photo posted but gives all of the instructions. Give my love to your daughter! Happy Crocheting!

I have the reversable shell stitch afghan pattern #06-3662

vberlane@yahoo.com

December 17, 2007 Flag

I am looking for an old Christmas Stocking pattern that I believe was put out by Leewards. My mom made them for us when we were little and has since made some for my husband and kids. Now that I have another baby in the house, she's lost the pattern!

It's double crocheted and the lettering and snowflakes are cross stitched on. She remembers that you could also cross stitch a Christmas tree on the front instead of the snowflake pattern. If anyone knows where I can find this pattern, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!!

Angie from O'Fallon, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need this pattern, too! My grandmother made them for my entire family when I was little, and now I want to make one for my husband. I didn't realize that the original pattern had snowflakes, since she left them off of our's. So cute!

I would love to have this pattern if anyone finds it.

Thanks,

Debbie

October 14, 2015 Flag

I received quilt patterns from a 80 year old friend that got the quilt patterns from her mom. They are LeeWards pattern 8-9535 (Poppy) and Lee Wards pattern 8-9519 (American Beauty Rose). I received the printed colored material for the appliqués, but she did not have instructions for putting the flowers together. Would anyone have the instructions for these two patterns? I need to know how to put these flowers together and place them on a quilt. These are very old quilts and I would like to do them so I can give the completed quilt back to my friend as a gift from her mom. Thank for any information you can give me.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 7, 2015 Flag

I am looking for a Leeward's beaded musical Santa's castle pattern. Does anyone have any ideas where I might get one?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 15, 2012 Flag

I am looking for a Lee Wards needle craft embroidery kit, that was made in 1982, called Playful Fox Pups. It was in catalog #111 and says to order from page 4. Does anybody know if this is still available somewhere?

By Kay

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to their website... There are places where you can get vintage items and they might be able to help you find one

I went to Simplicity looking for a Hollie Hobbie doll pattern from the 1970s and they put me in touch with a lady who had one.

May 29, 2015 Flag

I'm looking for the Lee Ward Mills Cinderella Slipper pattern or a photocopy of the pattern. I have the mold and a partial crocheted shoe that my mother started, but the pattern has been reduced to crumbs and unreadable. I would like to finish that one and my niece wants to make some shoes for her wedding. Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 15, 2014 Flag

Does anyone have the pattern for Leewards musical Christmas palace?

By Anne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 15, 2014 Flag

Does any one have the Leeward Christmas stocking pattern? It was a double crochet stitch and then you could cross stitch snowflakes or a Christmas tree on it. Our whole family has one and I want to make one for our new daughter-in-law.

By keaisandlisa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 3, 2014 Flag

How can I date a pattern that I believe is a Lee Ward's applique quilt top?

By Kathleen from Spring, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 13, 2009 Flag

Are any of the old Lee Ward craft store patterns still available?

By Craftylady961 from Concord, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you go to eBay and Amazon to check periodically, you can sometimes find patterns there. Use their search engines to type "Lee Wards" and include the quotation marks.

November 21, 2013 Flag

I am looking for the pattern that was a afghan stitch done in sections. Then you cross stitched a pattern of the English minute men on it and their stand. My godchild, who I gave it to is now 32 and still has it. I would like to make it for more children, but lost the directions. I came in a kit.

By Helen M

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 10, 2010 Flag

Here's the pattern I am trying to track down:

Lee Wards Creative Crafts Center
Shell Stitch Baby Afghan
Art. No. 06-36662
Finished Size: 36 X 48

I need the pattern or kit for this baby afghan. It was made with the following yarn colors: White, pastel green, pastel yellow, pastel lilac, baby blue, and baby pink.

The pattern was sold at Lee Wards from 1975 till the 1990s. I have eight months and counting down.

Could someone please help me find this?
Thank you,
Kathleen

Answers:

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Why not just wing it? Just use any shell type stitch and just vary the colors. This one is a split shell with dc in between (3 dc 1/2 shell on ends) alternating colors 4-2-2, 4-2-2 with a common border.

There are plenty of shell patterns available, just alternate your colors, using white as a primary and you'll have a one-of-a-kind gift.
(03/28/2005)

By beanygurl

RE: Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Since I don't know what the afghan you're looking for looks like I can't be of much help, but I did find a bunch of free baby afghan patterns here:

crochetpatterncentral.com

Maybe one of those are close.
(03/29/2005)

By Peggy

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

I had been looking for the Lee Wards reversible shell afghan pattern for about 2 years when I had almost given up hope of finding it when I stumbled across the pattern under a different guise.

I found it here: freepatterns.com You have to scroll down the page a bit, but it's called the "Opposites Attract Table Set" I've examined the pictures that come with the pattern and it looks exactly the same a the original afghan I received as a gift when my daughter was born.

The pattern calls for crochet cotton, but I'm hoping to replicate it in DK and scale it up to afghan size.

Hope this helps others who have been searching for the same pattern as I had. (06/16/2008)

By Diana

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts AdviceNovember 25, 2013
Stained Glass
Stained Glass Patterns
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Applique Patterns
Printable Applique Patterns
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 12, 2017 at 1:17:35 AM on 10.0.0.51 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.