Leewards Craft Patterns

Popular craft patterns from Leewards can still be found, if you know where to look. This is a guide about Leewards Craft Patterns.

December 22, 2004 Flag

I too am looking for the Leewards Advent Calendar from the 1970s that is a Christmas tree made from felt on a white background with felt/sequin ornaments that hang on it - there's a candy cane, house with snow, panda bear, clown, rabbit, etc. It was the advent calendar I used as a child - would love to find a duplicate or the kit to remake if anyone has it. It would mean soooooo much to me! Thanks! Erin in NH.

ErinInNH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I made one in the 70's and fortunately still have it. This year I traced the ornaments to make patterns and with the help of my daughter have made three calendars for my grandchildren. If you could find a picture of the old calendar I'm sure you could duplicate it. How I miss Lee wards!

Hi - if this is what you're looking for, I'm also interested in the patterns for the ornaments, (the puppy ate the camel and santa claus). I'd be more than willing to share dimensions, etc. 19Dec2008

I am also looking for this pattern, and I would really, really appreciate any patterns, photos, or other information that anyone could share. I would like to create a pattern/tutorial to post and share with others that would like to make this heirloom for their families. It is SO hard to find. My email address is shannon.naan AT yahoo.com

Thanks!

I actually made this calendar in the early 70's, still have it. Although I made a new tree a few years ago, the ornaments are still original. My always-saving-things mother tucked the instructions and patterns away, still have them too. I am willing to scan and send them to anyone who is interested. Email 8tzmom@gmail.com

I too made this calendar when my 45 year old daughter was a baby. I gave it to her and she has placed it on the wall for my grandson for many years. There fairly young dog has found a way to get at the ornaments and has chewed up two of hem. Yes I would love just the ornament pattern to replace the chewed ones. qbwalkden@yahoo.com

Read More Answers...

October 15, 2014 Flag

Does anyone know who Leewards suppliers were and if any of them are still in business?

By Rita

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Michael's if you're in the US - they bought Leewards in 1994.

Michaels doesn't have any answers.

February 14, 2007 Flag

My mother started this afghan over 30 years ago. She has lost the directions. Does anyone have any idea where we could find this?

Becca from MN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Freepatterns.com has many Ripple Afgan patterns, Please check here. They are all free

If it is crocheted and you know how to crochet, I may be able to help you. Just e-mail me at pgiles2283 AT windstream.net.

Do a Google search - "crochet pattern + ripple afghan", there are loads of sites to check out.

Couldn't find the pattern number you mentioned.

Hope you get it finished!

http://www.craftown.com/knit.htm

Free knitting patterns.http://freeknittingpatterns.blogspot.com/

Free Knitting Patterns & Project Galleryhttp://www.bernat.com/member.php

Bernat: Congratulations, New Member!http://www.straw.com/cpy/free_pattern_yarnssort.html

Free Knitting & Crochet Patterns sorted by yarn type - Crystal Palace Yarns Hope you find the pattern at one of these sites

This is a couple of yeas after the fist post of this question but I have the directions to this afghan kit. My grandmother had the kit but never started it so I have a complete kit. If you still need the directions let me know and I can copy them for you.

Read More Answers...

October 20, 2014 Flag

Does anyone know the manufacturer or distributor Leewards used to get their ornament kits?

By Rita

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try Michaels - they bought Leewards in 1994.

December 17, 2007 Flag

I am looking for an old Christmas Stocking pattern that I believe was put out by Leewards. My mom made them for us when we were little and has since made some for my husband and kids. Now that I have another baby in the house, she's lost the pattern!

It's double crocheted and the lettering and snowflakes are cross stitched on. She remembers that you could also cross stitch a Christmas tree on the front instead of the snowflake pattern. If anyone knows where I can find this pattern, I'd appreciate it! Thank you!!

Angie from O'Fallon, MO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need this pattern, too! My grandmother made them for my entire family when I was little, and now I want to make one for my husband. I didn't realize that the original pattern had snowflakes, since she left them off of our's. So cute!

I would love to have this pattern if anyone finds it.

Thanks,

Debbie

I need this stocking pattern. We have a new daughter-in-law in our family and I want to make her a matching stocking. My mother in law made ours when we were dating back in the late 70's.

April 10, 2010 Flag

I was wondering if anyone has the Lee Ward's reversible shell crochet afghan pattern. I would so appreciate having it. I made it about twenty-five years ago for someone and would love to make it for my daughter. She has had five miscarriages and has been blessed with a very special little girl who is due in July. I would just love to make it for her. Thank you so much.

By Rachel from La Grange Park, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/revbabafg.html

I must be running a lucky streak on search engines. I logged onto Google, copied and pasted your request on their search engine. And then found the website with the crocheting pattern you were looking for. Would you believe it that a thriftyfun member posted the website.

I hope this is the right pattern you were looking for. There's no photo posted but gives all of the instructions. Give my love to your daughter! Happy Crocheting!

I have the reversable shell stitch afghan pattern #06-3662

vberlane@yahoo.com

June 15, 2012 Flag

I am looking for a Lee Wards needle craft embroidery kit, that was made in 1982, called Playful Fox Pups. It was in catalog #111 and says to order from page 4. Does anybody know if this is still available somewhere?

By Kay

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to their website... There are places where you can get vintage items and they might be able to help you find one

I went to Simplicity looking for a Hollie Hobbie doll pattern from the 1970s and they put me in touch with a lady who had one.

April 13, 2009 Flag

Are any of the old Lee Ward craft store patterns still available?

By Craftylady961 from Concord, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you go to eBay and Amazon to check periodically, you can sometimes find patterns there. Use their search engines to type "Lee Wards" and include the quotation marks.

April 10, 2010 Flag

Here's the pattern I am trying to track down:

Lee Wards Creative Crafts Center
Shell Stitch Baby Afghan
Art. No. 06-36662
Finished Size: 36 X 48

I need the pattern or kit for this baby afghan. It was made with the following yarn colors: White, pastel green, pastel yellow, pastel lilac, baby blue, and baby pink.

The pattern was sold at Lee Wards from 1975 till the 1990s. I have eight months and counting down.

Could someone please help me find this?
Thank you,
Kathleen

Answers:

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Why not just wing it? Just use any shell type stitch and just vary the colors. This one is a split shell with dc in between (3 dc 1/2 shell on ends) alternating colors 4-2-2, 4-2-2 with a common border.

There are plenty of shell patterns available, just alternate your colors, using white as a primary and you'll have a one-of-a-kind gift.
(03/28/2005)

By beanygurl

RE: Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

Since I don't know what the afghan you're looking for looks like I can't be of much help, but I did find a bunch of free baby afghan patterns here:

crochetpatterncentral.com

Maybe one of those are close.
(03/29/2005)

By Peggy

Lee Wards - Shell Stitch Baby Afghan

I had been looking for the Lee Wards reversible shell afghan pattern for about 2 years when I had almost given up hope of finding it when I stumbled across the pattern under a different guise.

I found it here: freepatterns.com You have to scroll down the page a bit, but it's called the "Opposites Attract Table Set" I've examined the pictures that come with the pattern and it looks exactly the same a the original afghan I received as a gift when my daughter was born.

The pattern calls for crochet cotton, but I'm hoping to replicate it in DK and scale it up to afghan size.

Hope this helps others who have been searching for the same pattern as I had. (06/16/2008)

By Diana

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts AdviceNovember 25, 2013
Stained Glass
Stained Glass Patterns
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
Organizing Craft Patterns
Organizing Craft Patterns
🎉
🎄