Lemon Tree Dropped All of Its Flowers

I planted lemon trees from seeds about 10-11 years ago, and recently, I got my first white lemon flowers. I never noticed any flowers on them at all. I checked them constantly, and then within 2 to 3 days they all fell off. What should I do with my lemon tree?

I have heard that lemon trees need water only once a week, is it true? Does anyone out there have the answer? Thanks in advance for your input.

Hardiness Zone: 11

By Shrima from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

Lemon Tree Dropped All of Its Flowers

You should be OK. The flowers only last for a few days and then once they have pollinated, the flowers fall off, and a lemon should grow. I have heard that it takes approximately 10 years for a citrus plant to begin to produce fruit. You should fertilize it with a citrus fertilizer. As for the watering you should be fine with once a week. I live in a very dry desert climate and my lemon tree gets watered with irrigation once a month in the winter and twice a month in the summer. So I think once a week should be sufficient. (04/04/2010)

By dobbie_amanda

Lemon Tree Dropped All of Its Flowers
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree