Lightening Hair Naturally

There are a few ways to help your hair become somewhat lighter without the use chemical hair bleach. This guide is about lightening hair naturally.

Lightening Hair Naturally
Filter Sort

Question: Lightening Hair with Hydrogen Peroxide

By lisa 1

I want to lighten my hair with hydrogen peroxide. Will it dry out my hair, and can I dye it afterward to get the orange out?

By Lisa from NV

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By CourtneyBiff 1 Flag

I am naturally dishwater blonde and have been dying my hair since I was 12. I'm now 16 and have been almost every common colour out there. Blonde, browns, black and red. I went from black to blonde in a very easy way.

I booked in with my hair dresser who gave me a half head of foils and did a toner. The highlights were perfect and blonde. I go back every 12 weeks to have my half head foils done again. Due to mistreating my hair with all sorts of dyes in the past my hair dresser refuses to redo them every 6 weeks so what I do is buy 9% cream peroxide (pharmacies sell these on their own) and I buy a purple shampoo I use pro voke. I mix these together about 15mls of each and lather into my hair before washing. Leave it for 5-8 minutes and rinse. Make sure you use a really deeply nourishing shampoo and conditioner after because depending on your hair type the peroxide may dry your hair out. I do this once sometimes twice a week and my highlights stay nice and vibrant ready for my 12 week touch up.

I'm attempting to go silver soon and I'll definitely use this trick to help make it lighter! I've been doing this for about 6 months and my hair is still in excellent condition :-) Hope this helps. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Hair Lightening Recipe

By Melissa 1

Is there anything natural I can put in my hair to bring out the blonde in it?

By Melissa from Hendersonville, NC

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

thr522587 Flag

MaxiSpeaks, I need to clear up that acid on a PH scale regarding hair is not drying but rather it's the alkaline on the scale that is drying to hair. Hair is a dead appendage and does not react exactly the same as the living cells in our body. Your recipes are good though because the ingredients (alkaline, neutral (water) and acid) balance out PH values close to neutral. ;-)

Deeli

Retired (after 35 years) Cosmetologist

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Chamomile Tea for Lightening Hair

By Meghan 1

I have heard that chamomile tea will make you go blonder? Is that true? and if so how do I use it?

By Meghan

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Adelia 6 10 Flag

I use chamomile to lighten my hair and love it. My method is to take a 12 oz. spray bottle and fill with very warm water and one chamomile tea bag. Let it sit until it cools down. Sometimes I spray it on my hair after washing or sometimes just on dry hair. Then you can either blow dry or go sit in the sun. I find that if I use more than one tea bag it dries out my hair slightly.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Lightening Blonde Hair With Peroxide

My hair is already blonde but I want the ends to be even lighter. Is it possible for me to use only peroxide on it to make it lighter?

By Blanch

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Alyie 29 Flag

You could use John Frieda blonde products. They really bring out the blonde highlights.

Also, what Deeli mentioned.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Naturally Lightening My Hair

By Paula Jo C. 24 261

To lighten my hair naturally and gradually what can I use and how should it be used? I know when I was a teenager we would use SUN IN but I am unable to locate here 50 years later. All suggestions are welcome!

Paula Jo from Mebane, NC

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringApril 4, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Dark Hair
Dyeing Hair Dark Naturally
Lemon Juice
Lightening Hair With Lemon Juice
Greased Lightning
Greased Lightning Reviews
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:00:40 AM on 10.0.1.78 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings