Liver and Onions

Not a favorite of mine, but my dad has always loved liver and we used to have some for him on a regular basis. This really makes me think of my childhood years.

• approx. 1/2-3/4 lb. bacon
  • approx. 2 lb. liver
  • lots of onions
  • flour
  • 2 bouillon cubes
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 1/2 cups water

Directions:

Fry bacon. Flour livers. Fry liver in bacon drippings. Fry onions. Stir flour into drippings. Add 2 bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 1/2 cups water, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup ketchup. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Liver and Onions

It's so funny that I saw this post this morning; yesterday at dinner my daughter was telling my grandkids that depending on what foods you're brought up with, that's what you'll prefer when you're an adult. I said I begged to differ. My folks loved liver and onions but I couldn't stand it when I was little, and I can't stand it as an adult. Some tastes never change! Thanks for the memory! (07/13/2009)

By caseye

Liver and Onions

Yes, It must be a generational thing. My Mom would fix liver and onions for us during the 50's. Not a hit with the kids, but then you ate what was put before you. When I grew up I thought maybe it was a Midwest regional favorite, since she was from Missouri. Carl Sandburg had a line about liver and onions in one of his poems from "Rootabaga Stories". But I live in Hawaii now, my friend (born and raised here) said her Mom would fix it too. (07/19/2009)

By pigeon toes

Liver and Onions
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Photo of an onion harvest.
Harvesting Onions
🎉
🎄