Macinack Bridge In Michigan

Macinack Bridge In Michigan
Macinack Bridge In Michigan

On our last trip last Fall, we visited the last of all the United States, we drove over the Macinack Bridge in Michigan. We camped in a campground at south end. We had seen a documentary on the construction and was on our "to see" list.

By Eletha from Waterford, CA

Answers:

Macinack Bridge In Michigan

Hi Eletha, That is a very cool picture of the big Mac as we call it in Michigan, hope you enjoyed your trip and went to Mac. Island. We that live in Michigan often forget some of the great sites we have here. Thanks for the reminder.

There is also a Waterford in Mich. I have relatives there.

Have a blessed day. Barb (09/18/2007)

By barbo

Macinack Bridge In Michigan

That's awesome! Do you drive on it? You can tell I'm from South Georgia, can't you? Ha! Beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing and God bless you! (09/18/2007)

By tedsmom

Macinack Bridge In Michigan

That is just one of the perks of this GREAT (Lakes) State! (Me and the Mighty Mac are the same age, and Michigan is where I have always lived.) Although our State has fallen on hard times (and hopefully it recovers soon), it offers SO much! If you have never visited Michigan, make sure to put it in your travel plans. Every season has its' own beauty! Be sure to spend some time on the beach of Lake Michigan (or any other of the big lakes), experience the wonderment of the Mackinac Bridge/Mackinac Island, go the the Cherry Festival in Traverse City, visit one of the many lighthouses. There are mountains to ski, trails to be hiked, miles and miles of snowmobile trails, stones to be skipped on one of the hundreds of inland lakes. If you are into gambling, we have our fair share of casinos. You can take in a ball game, a concert or other cultural events. Downtown Detroit is beautiful, visit the State Capitol in Lansing, Grand Rapids offers a big city atmosphere with a smaller town feel. Hunting is another popular hobby in this State. We are just getting ready to view our beautiful Fall colors, and what an enjoyable time of the year to see our State. (09/18/2007)

By Squirrley

Macinack Bridge In Michigan

I drove across that bridge ONE TIME and all I can say is NEVER again!!! It scared ALL the stuff out of me! It definitely was beautiful, but just too scary for me! It is so high up, not supported by anything but those cables, moved with the blowing of the wind and just really scared me silly!

God bless,
(09/19/2007)

By GrammySheila in Titusville, FL

Macinack Bridge In Michigan

Just in case someone wants to look up info about it, it's spelled Mackinac and pronounced "Mackinaw". We went there too this summer as well as on our honeymoon 13 years ago. Hubby was no where near as romantic this time.
Say, didn't I see you there? Just Kidding! (09/19/2007)

By Sandy from WI

Macinack Bridge In Michigan

I went there also two years ago. We drove to Michigan from NH to the bridge and stayed at the a motel right at the southern end of the bridge. We went over the next day to take a ferry to Mackinaw Island. I was born in Michigan and had never seen the bridge. We looked forward to driving over it again on our way home. I even bought drink coasters with a picture of the bridge on them in the shopping area in Mackinaw City. (09/22/2007)

By Carrie

bridge
Travel: Mackinac Bridge (Michigan)
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Michigan Christmas Charities
map of Michigan
Michigan Frugal Travel Guide
using a laptop
Using Translation Websites
covered bridge
Parke County, Indiana Frugal Travel Guide
🎉
🎄