Displaying Jewelry

Category Jewelry
Jewelry Display Stand
Rather than buying an expensive display for your jewelry, try one of these homemade solutions. This is a guide about displaying jewelry.

I needed a way to hang my jewelry up instead of having it all getting in a jumbled mess. I came up with the concoction with just a few simple things I had laying around the house. With this jewelry holder, you have easy access to viewing what jewelry you have along with a great way to insure pieces don't get lost or tangled!

Materials

• Plastic strainer or basket (with holes the correct size to hang earnings)
  • Ribbon
  • Binder Clips
  • One Chopstick

Instructions

In order to hang this on the wall, you need to thread the ribbon through one side of the plastic basket and tie the two ends together with a bow. Be sure to leave enough slack so it will hang on the wall flat.

Now thread another piece of ribbon through the opposite side of the basket and with each end secure the chopstick in place with a binder clips, making sure each side is even to ensure the chopstick will hang straight.

You can add any extra details to make it beautiful: jewels, puffy paint, bows, etc. Hang it on the wall and stick your earrings through the holes in the bottom of the basket and hang your necklaces off the chopstick. Depending on the quality of your jewelry, you may want to remove one of the binder clips to slide on a necklace. With sturdy necklaces, you can simply loop them through itself on the chopstick, no need to remove the binder clip.

By Stella from Da Nang, Viet Nam

Because I have limited space to store anything, I hang my jewelry that I wear on a regular basis from thumbtacks that I stick on the inside door frame of my closet. I use the kind with the vinyl-coated plastic heads. Works perfect! My jewelry is displayed right in front of my face.

By Melissa from Point Pleasant, WV

An old picture frame and some hardware cloth can be used to make a unique jewelry display. It is a good way to organize some of your favorite pieces. This is a guide about recycled picture frame jewelry display.

Recycled Jewelry Display

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Rather than allowing your pins to languish in your jewelry box, consider displaying them in small attractive frames. This is a guide about displaying jewelry pins in frames.

A silver frame with a decorative pin.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Make your own jewelry display stand to store and show off you jewelry. This is a guide about DIY jewelry display stand.

Jewelry Display Stand covered in fabric.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a jewelry tree. Hang your earrings and necklaces on this handy craft made from trimmed branches.

Jewelry Tree

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Shadowboxes can be purchased at craft stores, like Michael's. Attach your pretty vintage costume jewelry to the backer board and display it on the wall so you can enjoy it! By Syd

My friend needs ideas for a way she can hang something on her wall above her bathroom sink as a place to keep her jewelry, such as necklaces and earrings, etc. Right now she is using an (empty) vertical paper towel holder and tube to hold necklaces and some pins and cork board to hold her earrings.

However, her frisky cat keeps playing and stealing her jewelry (especially her earrings) and she is looking for a cat-proof way to display her jewelry there, but in a way that the cat cannot steal it.

Thanks.

By MourningStar

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I saw on pinterest where someone had hung a magnetic board on the wall and attached magnets to their makeup. I think this could be adapted for jewelry. You could take little hooks and put magnets on the back (or maybe find some that already have magnets) and use them to hang necklaces, bracelets, rings and fish hook style earrings. For post earrings you could use little containers with magnets on the back. I love the magnet idea as you can move things around.

Another idea for post earrings my Granny used to use a pretty piece of cloth stretched in an embroidery hoop. She kept the hoop hanging on the wall.