Share Crafts

Making Chair Cushions

Making Chair Cushions

Chair cushions add not only comfort, but beauty and style to your seating. This is a guide about making chair cushions.

Solutions: Making Chair Cushions

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Recycling Furniture Cushions to Go With Your Decor

porch chair cushionsThis is my current decorating project at my home. I recently inherited some antique wicker chairs from my parents. The chairs have been placed on the front porch of my home. However, the fabric for the chairs was totally not my taste.

Being the thrifty person I am, I remembered some fabric that I had found at Walmart for "outdoor furniture" that I had purchased several years ago for less than $3.00 a yard. I pulled out the fabric and proceeded to rip apart one set of cushions. I used the old fabric as my "pattern" and recycled the cording and the zippers for each of my new cushion covers.

The photo shows the new covers I have made on the left and the "old" covers on the right. I am down to the last of the four chairs to complete the transformation from ugly duckling to swan.

I hope that this inspires others to get out their sewing machines and do something constructive around their homes. It is very satisfying to see what you can do yourself!

Source: Me: Using what I have here at home to make something old look new again.

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Tip: Craft: Chair Pad For School

Circular pad on wooden chair.My daughter complained about how hard the chairs were at school and requested I make a cushion for her. I warned her she might get picked on for having a seat cushion. She said she didn't care. She picked the fabric and I made it. Now her classmates fight over it when she's not in the room.

By Ellen from Ontario

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Making Chair Cushions.

Question: Braided Chair Pads and Rugs Using T-shirts

I have a lot of new long sleeve t-shirts (with logos from disabled vets) and would like to know how I can use them to braid (chair seat pads). I've used them to make pillows, and mats, but now want to know if anyone has used jersey t-shirt material to braid rugs and chair pads. Thanks.

By Alicia from South Hadley, MA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By melody_yesterday 228 665 11/06/2009

several braided rug tutorials here

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Making Cushions For Wicker Furniture

I need to make chair cushions for my wicker furniture, just the bottom. Does anyone have a pattern along with a list of material they used?

Jan from Atlanta, GA

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen williams 76 1,662 11/30/2008

Measure the bottom of the chairs, allow for seams.I suggest to get fabric that can be used for rain coats. You can compare the prices of other fabrics, like water proof, & etc. It's the same for the stuffing & the sheets of foam, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No