Browsing: Making Coffee Tips and Tricks

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Making Coffee Tips and Tricks

Making the perfect cup of coffee can be an elusive task. This is a guide about making coffee tips and tricks.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 23, 2012 Flag

Filling Coffee MakerI have done several posts about my spilling stuff all over the place. Here is yet another. When I move to another place I always choose the shortest length of counter space, wasted space as it were, for my coffee brewing station. I fill my canister in the sink so as not to spill it on the counter. I now have a way to avoid spilling the water all over. If your sink faucet has the sprayer attached to the faucet instead of off to the side you can fill your coffee maker with that. It works great and no water slopped all over.

By Marty from Knoxville, TN

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 20, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making coffee in a French press. A delicious cup of coffee can be prepared using this method with the right amount of coffee ground coarsely.

French press containing coffee, two white coffee cups, and two spoons on a white counter top

May 11, 2007 Flag

My fiance came home one day and got out the coffee, filters and canister. He said he was in line at 7-11 and noticed the attendant filling up the coffee filters then stacking them aside.

June 10, 2015 Flag

Coffee too hot and needs to be cooled down? Are you in a rush? Do you not want to put watery ice in your coffee? I have a quick tip. It depends on how you like your coffee. If you want sweetness put creamer in an ice tray and freeze it. If you just want to cool down your coffee, freeze some coffee. Bam, instant cooled coffee.

June 9, 2015 Flag

I have a 12 cup drip coffee maker. I buy Maxwell House coffee and it comes with a scoop. How many do I need for 12 cups?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is very subjective, but at our house I use one level scoop per each three cups of water. However if I am making a full pot (which happens once in a blue moon) I use three and a half scoops, because it seems when I make a full pot using full scoops it gets a little strong.

February 4, 2010 Flag

Tired of finding coffee grounds in the bottom of your pot? Here's a tip to keep them in the basket, where they belong!

When you set up your grounds basket, instead of using just the one filter under the grounds, add another to cover the grounds.

The top filter will help to keep the grounds from splashing over the edges of the bottom filter and into your pot of coffee.

You don't have to use two of the exact type filters, if you have a coffee maker that requires use of the cone shape - which are more expensive. Just use a cheaper ruffled filter to cover the grounds. Nest it around the mound of coffee grounds and press against the side of the basket.

You will be enjoying pot after pot of grounds-free coffee. Enjoy!

source: I experimented with this years ago, and it works.

by suengenenc from Clyde, North Carolina

January 21, 2011 Flag

Pouring water from the carafe into the coffee maker usually included a lot of water spilling onto the counter. To avoid this mess, I pull the kitchen spigot which has the hose for rinsing the sink, etc. out and over the coffeemaker.

April 10, 2006 Flag

Hubby noticed that the coffee we had been buying seemed bitter. We use filtered water and had a new coffee maker. So I told him to do what my mom used to do.

November 23, 2015 Flag

There is nothing more frustrating than going to make a pot of coffee and finding you have run out of filters. The is a page about making coffee without a filter.

Making Coffee Without a Filter

January 26, 2006 Flag

I've been having problems with coffee filters collapsing and letting grounds into the coffee pot, plus gunking up the filter basket. The following solution has worked well for me and I haven't had a problem since...

January 26, 2011 Flag

When using a Bunn coffeemaker, can you make smaller amounts of coffee instead of a whole pot?

By meme7_2000

I make 4 cups every morning just add 4 cups of water and 2 scoops of coffee. The instructions in my book say 4 cups is the least you can make.

And if you want just one cup, try one of the coffee filters/holders that sit on top of your coffee cup. 1 Tbsp of coffee, pour on the boiling water, and enjoy!

November 17, 2012 Flag

My husband likes the occasional cup of coffee, but not often enough to buy a coffee maker. My question is instead of having to strain the coffee could I use a tea diffuser in a cup of boiled water and come up with the same thing without having the additional work?

By Momma Ruby from KY

You have several options...

1. You can buy a small cone basket that will fit on a cup and you put a filter in with coffee and pour boiling water thru. A size "2" is perfect and you can generally buy these in the grocery store, in the coffee and tea area.

2. You can buy or make a muslin tea bag. They are sold in health food stores. They are about 2" x 4" with a tie top and can be used for tea, coffee, or to add whole spices to soups, etc. Use just like a regular tea bag. They can be reused until they fall apart.

3. You can get a 1 person french coffee press. Although, it can break and is more expensive than the other two alternatives.

Zoek

April 29, 2012 Flag

I do not have purified water coming from my sink faucet, so I can't fill the coffee pot with the sink sprayer. Now what do I do for good water for my coffee?

By Carol

Everybody that I know uses water straight from the tap to make coffee.

September 29, 2011 Flag

Have you ever run out of coffee filters on a day that you really need a fresh cup of Joe? The solution that I discovered is to take a regular paper towel sheet, fold it in half, place it in the place you would put your filter.

April 24, 2013 Flag

Always rinse coffee filters before brewing coffee. This removes any loose paper fibers that can end up in your brew and make your coffee taste papery.

April 10, 2013 Flag

Coffeemakers have a glass canister to hold our coffee that somehow leaks, no matter what when you pour from it. I found a simple way to stop the leaking when you pour, which is to lift the spout that covers the canister where the liquid is stored.

January 23, 2005 Flag

I want to make a good pot of Coffee and I can't ever measure the amount of coffee to the amount of water. What does everyone else find works for them? I made the strongest "put the hair on your chest" coffee this morning and DH won't drink it. :-(

Casey

My Hamilton Beach 42 cup percolator says: 3/4 cup grounds to 12 cups of water; 1 cup for 18 cups; 1 1/2 cup for 24 cups; 1 3/4 for 12 cups; 2 1/4 for 36 cups and 2 1/2 cups for for 42 cups.

:)

I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a set of two coffee measurement spoons that are 1/8 cup and first did 3 of the scoops for a 12 cup coffee maker and realized it was too strong. Then I did two scoops for a 12 cup coffee maker and it was perfect. So I hope it helps: ^ )

Read More Answers...
      Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesJanuary 3, 2013
      Coffe Maker
      Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
      Coffee Stain on Carpet
      Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
      cup of coffee
      Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
      Vietnamese Iced Coffee, Saigon Style
      Making Vietnamese Coffee (Cafe Sua Da)
      © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:40:29 AM on 10.0.0.164 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.