Making Coffee in a French Press

Category Beverages
This is a page about making coffee in a French press. A delicious cup of coffee can be prepared using this method with the right amount of coffee ground coarsely.

I managed a famous coffee shop for a long time, so you can trust me with these tips! I adore my French Press because I don't need to buy any coffee filters, and I get the whole full-bodied taste of the coffee beans without removing their essential oils. This instruction will be for 2 small mugs of coffee, using 6 tablespoons of coffee beans and 2 cups of boiled water that has sat still for 1 minute after boiling point.

Grind the coffee beans. Grinding them too fine will cause the coffee to be muddy and taste a bit dirty. Grinding them too coarsely will cause a watery cup of Joe. Err on the side of something in the middle.

Place the grounds into the French press and shake it so they lay evenly. Add just 1 cup of freshly boiled water to the press. This will allow the coffee to bloom. Wait a minute then stir the grounds with a spoon. Add the other cup of boiling water, then press the plunger down so it almost touches the water. Let rest for 4 to 5 minutes, no longer.

Very slowly push the plunger all the way down the press and pour into mugs immediately.

French press or coffee pot? I just re-kindled my love for coffee recently and found myself in line at Starbucks glancing over and noticing they sold French presses. I have worked with them in restaurants but never tried it so I told my mom I wanted one. Lo and behold, she won a very nice one from work a few years back and gave it to me (she doesn't drink coffee).

Verdict: French press all the way! Quick, classy, easy, creamy rich deliciousness. My method is two Tbsp. per measured cup with one Tbsp. for the pot. Enjoy!

By Cheech from Tucson, AZ

How much coffee to water do you put in a French press?

Thank you,
Fletcher

Answers:

Using a French Press

1 Tablespoon per cup of water should work! (08/21/2007)

By Lewissan

Using a French Press

You should use 3/4 cup hot water to each 1-2 T ground coffee. I usually just use 1 T, I don't want to be bouncing off the walls after I drink it. LOL Hope that helps you. (08/21/2007)

By Pudintane

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesApril 20, 2016
🎄
🎉

Generated 2019-12-10 14:34:05 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️