Making Homemade Sugar Cubes

A fun way to have festive sugar for a party or gathering is to make your own cubes. This guide is about making homemade sugar cubes.

December 20, 2016 Flag

Shaped Sugar Cubes

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about shaped sugar cubes. Making sugar cubes into shapes can be a fun addition to a tea party or other gathering.

February 3, 2012 Flag

I saw a good idea to make coloured pink heart sugar cubes. I am having a baby shower for my son and decided to make blue sugar cubes, since they're having a boy. It's a good idea for Valentine's day or parties in general.

Just use 1/2 cup of sugar, a teaspoon of water and a drop of food colouring. Mix together well. Put into molds of your choice. Let dry and dump out onto a tray.

Source: Simply Frugal

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 3, 2006 Flag

I would like to know if anyone knows how to make sugar cubes? My DH only likes to use the cubes and they can be expensive.

Thanks for your help.

Pico from ST. PAUL, ALBERTA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Regular sugar with a little warm water - should be clumpy not runny. Pack into molds, ice cube trays, etc. until they dry out. You can add food coloring to the water before you mix it to make them decorative. You can buy molds at any online bakery supply store. They are very inexpensive. :)

Thanks you for the great question and information. Where I live, you can not buy sugar cubes and the horses love them and I always enjoy carrying them in my pocket. I will try the recipe, there are no silly questions

Have you ever tried to find sugar cubes? I want to share an art project from my youth (snow house), but sugar tablets are not available anywhere!

<b>Editor's Note</b> Try a restaurant supply store.

Wow! Thanks! I need this for our science experiment and I didn't know how to make it! Thanks a lot for posting!

I don't think she said her DH expects her to make sugar cubes for him. She seems to be a very nice person trying to find a less expensive way for her DH to have something he apparently likes a great deal. Too bad more people aren't as thoughtful. It is amazing how many negative comments are posted. Regardless of her reasons, nobody has the right to criticize her. As my Mother would say, "if you can't say something nice, it is better to say nothing at all".

Sugar cubes or "lumps" as the British say, are for sweetening drinks such as coffee or tea. They are equal to one teaspoon per lump, hence the expression, "One lump or two?" Loose or bagged sugar is used for baking.

Wow, thank you for posting this so much. I am 13 and looking for a cheap way of making treats for my horses, and I couldn't find one to make sugar cubes. Thank you very much! Your husband is a really lucky guy to have a sweet wife that will go through that much work to just do a little thing, that puts a smile on his face.(=

I have bought sugar cubes already and was looking for a recipe to add color to them for my daughter's school project Can anyone help? I do not wish to make them from scratch.

Add little water to the sugar till it is about a 3 to 1 ratio. Then let sit in the house or in sun house is recommended.

I'll try to make the sugar cubes with a mini ice cube mold. I'm inviting my friends from school for a tea party in my house in Lima. I haven't seen my friends for decades so I want to make everything special and also very english.

Large bag of sugar.
Sugar Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 25, 2013
Softening Granulated Sugar
Softening Granulated Sugar
Shaped Sugar Cubes
Making Shaped Sugar Cubes
granulated and cube sugar
Fixing A Recipe with Too Much Sugar
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 17, 2017 at 9:18:07 AM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.