Making Homemade Sugar Cubes

A fun way to have festive sugar for a party or gathering is to make your own cubes. This guide is about making homemade sugar cubes.

May 3, 2006 Flag

I would like to know if anyone knows how to make sugar cubes? My DH only likes to use the cubes and they can be expensive.

Thanks for your help.

Pico from ST. PAUL, ALBERTA

Best Answer

Regular sugar with a little warm water - should be clumpy not runny. Pack into molds, ice cube trays, etc. until they dry out. You can add food coloring to the water before you mix it to make them decorative. You can buy molds at any online bakery supply store. They are very inexpensive. :)

I have bought sugar cubes already and was looking for a recipe to add color to them for my daughter's school project Can anyone help? I do not wish to make them from scratch.

Add little water to the sugar till it is about a 3 to 1 ratio. Then let sit in the house or in sun house is recommended.

I'll try to make the sugar cubes with a mini ice cube mold. I'm inviting my friends from school for a tea party in my house in Lima. I haven't seen my friends for decades so I want to make everything special and also very english.

February 3, 2012 Flag

I saw a good idea to make coloured pink heart sugar cubes. I am having a baby shower for my son and decided to make blue sugar cubes, since they're having a boy. It's a good idea for Valentine's day or parties in general.

Just use 1/2 cup of sugar, a teaspoon of water and a drop of food colouring. Mix together well. Put into molds of your choice. Let dry and dump out onto a tray.

Source: Simply Frugal

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsFebruary 25, 2013
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Frozen Bouillon
Homemade Frozen Bouillon Cubes
Large bag of sugar.
Sugar Tips and Tricks
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄